Anyone who's advertised in H&H...

jumpthemoon

Visit site
Aww - I thnk it depends on the time of year etc - nothing is selling very well at the mo. H&H has only just come out, as well. I'm sure the phone will start ringing later. Most peeps prob won't get the mag until tonight.
smile.gif

tractor

Visit site
Thanks, I have got everything crossed. I've advertised before but when I was a kid and my instructor did it all for me!! x

pathelschoice

Visit site
dont worry - its quiet at the moment in all spheres horses for sale , lorries etc, it will also depend on how well placed your ad is - you will find that like has already been said the phone should start to ring over the weekend.

JM07

Visit site
put a pony in H & H 1k and under last year......nice section A, registered mare...not one phone call!!!!

put her on Horsemart......sold within 48 hrs....

haven't bothered with H & H since...

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
It is THE worst time of year to sell, IMO people fancy going to look at ponies, open their front door, decide it's too cold and don't bother. But that's a different story.

Try advertising on different forums (obviously not here) but stable ads, saddle up, ahho, hamlets house, the show ring etc all all good bets. I just sold a pony via forum, didnt have to pay a penny in advertising in the end, and was getting on average of 3 calls a day for the first week.

Worried1

Visit site
Our horse has been in for two weeks previously and had 3 calls and no visits. He has just gone in again today as well as Horsequest and have not had a single call either.
Unfortunately the market is very slow. Good luck though!

lastresort

Visit site
I got loads of timewasters in horsemart and sold my horse on the thursday evening to exmoor eventing through H & H without even looking at him. Think his was a rare occurance though. Did get loads of calls over the weekend.

Bit slow at the mo though

I_A_P

Visit site
last week my mare was in and i got rung that afternoon..and the following days although didnt get as much interest as i was expecting but think thats due to time of year-shes now sold:):)

H-J

www.piczo.com
Hi
smile.gif

Think its the time of year.

Mentioned to my jump trainer about him so he will pass on the info if anyone is looking for something like that.

I have a 4yr old for sale at the mo, and have had calls but not loads think its time of yr, meant to mention her to you actually as she is bold as brass would make someone a good hunter
smile.gif

tractor

Visit site
Thanks Holly, will ask around about your mare too.

chumsmum, I got so fed up waiting for H&H every week (last weeks arrived this Tues) I cancelled my subscription, I tried to explain over the phone why i was cancelling, the bloke really couldn't give a damn!

Will keep fingers crossed that ponio has a nice new home soon!

x

Bedlam

Visit site
I could have sold my last pony 7 times over from the calls we got before H&H even went out (internet listing before magazine). 1st viewing on the Thursday evening, child not happy. 2nd people on Saturday morning put down deposit so I put off 3 other people booked to see and she came to pick up Sunday morning. Super home - couldn't be happier. As I'd put him in for 2 weeks we then had to field calls daily for the next fortnight!

He was a super 13.1 for £3,000, but it was in the spring. There does seem to be an awful lot around at the moment, and not much shifting.