Anyone with a good ‘line breeding’ knowledge?

P3LH

Visit site
Breed specific knowledge not necessary, just someone who’s a bit of a pedigree studying geek/savvy with line breeding knowledge required to present a scenario of the breeding behind a dog and have their thoughts.

If there’s any takers please PM me, it’s not something I want to discuss on an open forum as don’t wish to start a debate on the subject - but am always a firm believer that two heads are better than one with some things. And my head is currently scrambled with reading a pedigree.

P3LH

Visit site
Which is why the subject isn’t something I’ve posted about on an open forum - as people have very differing opinions when it comes to the subject/in this instance it’s more a second opinion about a pedigree.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Line breeding is when you know what you're doing ;) I can look but I don't know anything about lines outside my breed. If I see some dogs more than once in five generations I think 'fair enough' and others HELL NO.
For guidance in my own breed anything under 2-3/3-2 (including siblings of those dogs) is verboten. Plus it's in no way an endangered breed.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Hopefully your questions have been answered now. My vulnerable breed has far more line breeding than I would find acceptable with the GSDs, but obviously with so few dogs around it is something that has to be carefully done.