Anyone with a VSD saddle?

casspow

Visit site
Looking to buy a VSD saddle so I can do some working hunter and hunter classes with my boy.
No idea where to start looking?
any one give me a clue on what is good/what is not? any experiences?

liking the look of a flyde majorie or a jefferies??

any help much appreciated :)

9tails

Visit site
I have one but I wish I'd gone for a GP or a dressage. I had to buy a separate jump as it's useless. The VSD is pretty much good for nothing apart from hacking. My honest opinion and I have one that cost over £1k. Albion K2. Get a show saddle if you want to show, the VSD isn't smart enough IMO.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
depends how much you are jumping, up to 3ft ish my ideal vsd is just fine if I change the knee blocks around. My position would be better in a jump but it's ok. I hack, hunt and dressage in mine.

If it were just for showing I would get a workers saddle though.

PaulnasherryRocky

Visit site
I absolutely love my VSD, it's not great for jumping but to be honest it doesn't make that much difference other than your knees being over the saddle when you're stirrups are at jumping length, but I only use it for hacking and sponsored rides anyway.

I've got a Comfort Saddle VSD, and it is like sitting in an armchair! It's the same company that make Native Pony Saddles, got it for £300 and couldn't be happier with it- though yes, I do have a separate saddle for jumping (Albion K2 Jump) However this is not comfy...at all

Take a look at the Comfort Saddles, my saddler is really impressed with the quality and the fit of it, especially for the price I got it- Though I've only seen them since for over £500

MileAMinute

Visit site
I've got a Farrington WH saddle which I love. It's really comfortable but I'm currently in the process of getting a GP saddle fitted too as I am doing a lot more hunting/fast work now and I'm finding it's not as suitable for that.

Micky

Visit site
I too have an Albion VSD K2, pricey but very good quality/value for money, very comfortable and have jumped up to 3ft in it, black, brown or chocolate colours, had to wait a while for ordered chocolate one but it has darkened well ( not as dark as brown) and bridles, stirrups etc to match, very smart :)

mrswad

Visit site
I have an albion VSD. I've done everything in it including schooling xc. However I've since bought an old albion gp for jumping, hacking, working in the rain etc. but only because I didn't want to get the VSD spoilt.

Newlands

Visit site
I also have the Albion k2 vsd and love it. Have used it for all disciplines, from showing to hunting. I jump in it happily and bought another vsd for my youngster just a wintec but again comfortable.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Is there any reason why you're not looking at a working hunter saddle? A lot of VSDs can be quite bulky so not everyone likes to use them in the show ring. Even some straighter cut GPs can work for WH classes etc, a lot is about the overall bulk of the saddle rather than puerly about the flap cut and the saddle name :).

lurcherlu

Visit site
My friend has a Kent and masters vsd , I've jumped her mare in it , she's Xc 'd in it and its bloody brilliant . Sonmuch so I want one . I'd keep my gp as its worth about £50 now and use that for hunting as I like to pretend I'm a jockey ;)

tabithakat64

Visit site
When I had 5 horses, four out of 5 had VSD saddles, two of them jumped, one was jumping up to 1m20 with no issues.
I had two Jeffries, an Albion K2 and a Saddle Company one.

JustKickOn

Visit site
I have an Albion Saddle, it was sold to me as a VSD, but is cut more like a GP, but the saddle flaps are slightly longer. It was £700 second hand.

Either which way, it's really comfy, I jump up to 90cm and XC, fun rides etc in it no problems. I do have short legs though, so they don't take up much room when stirrups are shorter.

If I could afford to, I would have a dressage saddle and a jump saddle. If showing seriously, I'd get a showing specific saddle or a GP.