Anyone with an appaloosa in Essex?

MasterBenedict

Visit site
Just musing about options for 2014 showing season and wondered if there was anyone in Essex (I am based near to Saffron Walden) with an appaloosa they would like to show?

I don't currently have my own transport, so if there is anyone on here who might like to buddy up/share hiring costs/have company I thought I would put some feelers out there....

I would love some company as unfortunately my OH is not interested in horses and all my horsey friends are all based where I used to live in Lincolnshire.

Rising 3yr old part bred gelding who is excellent to travel and very well behaved at shows and with other horses. Looking to compete at the ApHC and BApS shows as well as other local shows.

If anyone is interested, let me know! :)

5af7ec8d678c7fa46f0054c898e886af_zpsbd716e03.jpg

Last edited:

Sportyspots

Visit site
Can't help I'm afraid as have a 3.5 tonner which goes overweight with 2, don't show and now have Knabstruppers, sorry. But thought would say hi as used to have Appaloosas and do all the shows like the nationals, Winsor, Bath & West etc. I did try buddying up when I had a bigger box via the BApS forum but when it came to it people backed out. spotties.org have a useful forum as well. Anyway there is a lovely show at Cottenham racecourse, Melbourne show, Easter time which has Appaloosa classes plus since it has something like 5 rings loads of other classes as well and normally uses good judges. Deeping show is the only other one I can think of in East Anglia. Suffolk show started Foreign breed classes 3 years ago, at the first one there must have been half a dozen Knabstruppers, then it was cancelled due to weather then last year I was the only spot. Never seen an Appaloosa enter but they are eligible.
Good luck, hope you get out and about and look forward to hearing how you do.