anyone with an unusually marked horse ...

Visit site
I just wondered what sort of comments you get on the forum about your horse, whether people don't notice them as much and "steer clear of them because they aren't an ordinary bay/grey etc" This is what I have been told by someone as the reason why nobody in the CR asks much about my pony! shocking! anyone with any info please pm me, especially if you own a albino, cremello oe unusally marked appaloosa.

Thanks x

Hattikins

Visit site
awwwwwwwww puggy
frown.gif
he is sooooooo gorgeous
wink.gif

Visit site
I know, Abbie! Thanks for you explanation last night about why people avoid talking about him .... I just wondered if anyone else had this problem on here if they own an unusually marked horse?

He has a lovely temperament and is a great allrounder, as good as all of the others but a lot of people ignore my comments on how well he is doing simply because he is a different colour!
frown.gif

Lill

Visit site
Thats ridiculous. Why ignore your comments because he is coloured??! Thats like being horse racist! I love coloureds, i have one too
grin.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
I wouldnt think that was a reason why nobody talks about him, he is a diva. I have had various coloureds in the past, including my current rebel, and a cremello pony, and I only ever got priase about them!
grin.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
Firstly, I think he's lovely! I have a liver chestnut now but used to have a blue eyed Cremello saddlebred - people used to stop us and chat about him as he was so unusual. He was a very sexy boy and I'll always have a soft spot for coloureds! x

Bri

Visit site
To be honest I really don't think thats the reason! I very much doubt anyone would not want to hear about how he's doing just because of his colour!!

Visit site
he is a skewbald appaloosa. abbie told me people avoid him because he isn't the "norm".

thank you to everyone said they liked him, it's much appreciated as he really deserves the credit because he is a star pony and my best friend!
smile.gif

Bri

Visit site
What is a 'normal' horse though?
I think he's lovely...and I don't understand what you mean by people avoiding him? From what I've seen people always reply to your posts about him!!
smile.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
Yes I havnt seen anybody not liking, and I dont think you can get a normal horse, can you? Look and Oshk and Sid, we have to keep them under lock and key so they arnt pinched by the CR, coloureds are great
grin.gif

Visit site
some people reply but I mean when we do those silly things like: which hho pony do you like the best, which would you ride for sj, dressage, cross country, ode, for fun nobody ever chooses pug! I don't really mind I just thought it was a little odd how everyone always goes for the normal horses - plain greys/bays/black/chestnut etc.

Bri

Visit site
Sid and Oshk are often chosen for stuff like that though...and they're certainly not 'normal' colours!
I don't think it comes down to his colour at all...just lots of people have really nice horses so theres a lot to choose from!

Visit site
I know, its upsetting when he is such a good boy and ever just forgets him and goes for the ones whos owners are constantly competing on them. (no offence, not aiming this at anyone)

Bri

Visit site
I know but also no offence...but if someone's being asked which horse they want to SJ on and it's a choice between a horse that's out competing all the time and doing well and one that doesn't compete and you don't have really any idea how it jumps then your going to pick the other one aren't you! Also you don't post many pictures of Pug and I think that lots of people decide from pictures!

Visit site
I know its because i dont compete him but he isnt a "rosette machine" i dont take loads of pucs of jumping and schooling him as i normally dont have the time, too busy concentrating and planning what i am going to do next with him to worry about getting photos for hho!!!! I cna tell you, he is just as good as any horse in the cr, i just dont go on about how high i jump and all the comps ive got coming up all of the time!

RunToEarth

Visit site
But they are just harmless games in the common room. Obvious why everyone chooses oshka for hunting, because he is out at least one every week in the winter doing it, and I usually have the pictures to prove it
smile.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
Theres really no need to get bitter about it, they are only games for fun at the end of the day. There are so manywonderful ponies in the CR.

Bri

Visit site
I'm sure he is...but surely from what you've just said you can understand why no-one 'picks' him all the time..
[ QUOTE ]
i dont take loads of pucs of jumping and schooling him as i normally dont have the time, too busy concentrating and planning what i am going to do next with him to worry about getting photos for hho!!!! I cna tell you, he is just as good as any horse in the cr, i just dont go on about how high i jump and all the comps ive got coming up all of the time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Claireg9

Visit site
V confused about this post, however.... i think your horsey is lovely... i have a strangely marked grey, she is grey but has massive pink skin patches and if you looked under her tail you'd think she was a piebald as her bum is pink and black!!
Bless her, we call her a grey with ghost markings.
I like unusual!!!

Visit site
yes I know and I dont really care what anyone on here thinks of him at the end of the day but it is annoying and you would understand if it was happening to you!

Parkranger

Visit site
Don't mean to offend but who cares what people on a forum think of your horse? It's a lovely place to share advice, see photos of horses and meet people but that's all it is.....?

Visit site
yes thats my opinion too. I dont care what anyone thinks really as have said it is just annoying. I come on here to talk to like minded people who have horses/love horses, not to get any comments such as "i dont take enough photos!!!"

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If you dont really care why make a post about it? Should we stop having these games in the CR?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you read the question, the main aim was for like minded people to pm me if they owned a horse with unsual markings.

Parkranger

Visit site
I just think you're winding yourself up about something that's not even there! It's like not getting picked at school to go on the netball team lol
grin.gif