anyone with an unusually marked horse ...

Theresa_F

Visit site
Well I don't know about the CR, but in real life I find having an usual coloured horse like Cairo means he is the centre of attention, or it may be because he is also very big and hairy.

Bri

Visit site
I don't understand though, I'm not trying to be difficult I just cant see what your upset for?
You say you're annoyed because no-one likes him or 'picks' him for as Rosiie said 'harmless CR games' yet at the same time you say you don't care what anyone on here thinks of him. And your also saying he's just as good as all the other horses which fair enough, he may well be, yet you never talk about his jumping or his schooling or post pictures so how are the people on here supposed to know that?
IF your too busy concentrating on him to take pictures or share with people on here how he's going, then how can you possibly say people don't seem to like him when they don't know anything about him?

Hattikins

Visit site
ok ok, can we all cool down a tad
grin.gif

we all know Puggy's fab, we all love the cr games, can we all try to get along and try to include everyone next time

i know maybe we should make a webpage or thread for the cr for each pony so everyone knows who owns who and what everyone gets up to, then everyone is equally involved and we all know whos who-kick me if u think this is a duff idea!!!!!!!

Visit site
i always say what i have been up to lol. you only have to look in the cr to see i write about how much i love my pony every single day.

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Think it's a great idea hattikins if it means this sillyness stops!

[/ QUOTE ]

sillyness, pfft I wouldnt call it that. if thats how you feel i may as well leave.

Parkranger

Visit site
Like I said in the PM, surely it's down to how your horse is liked in his yard - T already has lots of admirers due to him being a big softy and paying everyone so much attention - all the yard girls love him!

pipharrison

Visit site
I have had a few problems with people saying my blanket spot appy was ugly and all the awful stuuf. But at the end of the day they can eat there words as I have been offered so much money for him and said no. I don't care what other people say as long as i know is is beautilful then thats all that matters!!!!
I have had people who know nothing about him or horses stop me on hacks and say how stunning he is so that just proves all the people who have said nasty things about him talk aload of c$^p!!!!!
Pugs_Pal I have pm'ed you as we have got something in common!!!!!
Pip.xx

Bri

Visit site
Grrrrr... *bangs head repeatedly against a big brick wall*
Why am I bothering?? Your just condradicting yourself over and over again. Fine your upset that Pug doesn't come across as being as liked as some of the other horses. But the other horses are ones that are always having their pictures plastered all over HHO!
You cant expect people to like a horse they hardly ever see...and I don't think you should leave. Why didn't you just put a post in the common room saying
' I'm a bit upset because feeling like pUg is left out' or whatever?
Start posting more pictures and telling us more about him if you want people to get to know him...how can we appreciate how great he is if you never tell us?

Visit site
i always tell you. im not taking it personally but this has all blown up out of proportion from what was a small post as a query to other owners to pm me.

Hattikins

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
But the other horses are ones that are always having their pictures plastered all over HHO!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fiddly loves being the centre of attention - he should be on stage in the west end!!!!!!!!
grin.gif

katelarge

Visit site
Well, getting back to your original question - I have an unusual coloured horse. He is a pure white few-spot Appy. His Dad was leopard and his Mum was pale like him, with slight red roan colouring. Cairo has got a few spots on his neck and the insides of his upper thighs. Otherise he is white, with the classic Appy eye, with sclera, some spots around his eyes too. He has white eyelashes, a pink nose, pink feet and a lovely tri-coloured tail: white, black and red. He also has a few lottle roan spots, when I first got him I spent ages trying to wash them off as I didn't realise they were permanent!

I do honestly think if he was bay my horse would be admired more. Also, I think that the fact Appys like mine have the white sclera round their eye, means people who don't know the bred see their eyes as being a big small and "showing white" - hence probably a dodgy temper. Their eyes look so different to the classic big brown horse eye and I think that puts people off.

It's a shame but what I do is try as much as possible to tell people about the breed characteristics so they understand how their eyes are different, for example. But at the end of the day I'm not bothered who thinks what about my horse and I certainly wouldn't care about what anyone in the CR thinks!

Visit site
thank you cais mum. i understand and agree and i dont care what anyone in the cr thinks. they dont know him so how can they possibly know!

Bri

Visit site
Fair enough...but couldn't you have just said 'anyone with an unusal coloured horse pm me about your experiences' or something instead of accusing everyone of not liking Pug because of his colour when that's clearly not the case!

pipharrison

Visit site
Well Said Caismum.

People think my appy looks ugly as he has the white pigment of his eyes showing and that he is wild!!!!! I just laugh at then and walk off!!!

He in my eyes is sexy!!! And I have really begun to like the appaloosa's. I want another!!!

Bri

Visit site
Well as far as I'm concerned he's beautiful...and I don't know anyone in the cr who doesn't like him!

Visit site
i know. abbie was the one got me thinking about this, she gave me the idea it was because if his colour .. or else i would never have even brought this up!

Bri

Visit site
Well I really don't think it is. Start telling everyone more about him and posting more pics...I always find that the horses I remember are the ones that I see the most pictures of!

christian

RaThEr-bE-RiDiN0610.bebo.com
awwww i love pug he's gorge! I rarely reply to those posts in the CR because i think its awful for the people whos ponies dont get mentioned. I know how you feel its the same horses people chose all the time isnt it. I post endless pictures of Todgie and Christian and never get a mention so i dont bother posting about them. As long as i know they are gorgeous and what they have/will acheive is amazing that is all that matters.

Enfys

Visit site
Well, I think your horse is gorgeous. I like unusually coloured horses, the flashier the better. I can't think why people would be biased because of the colour of a horse.

How about this for an odd coloured?
splash-Gambling%20Man_small.jpg

eekmon

Visit site
Surely everybody thinks their horse/pony is the best? I do! It doesn't matter what you think other people of your horse, I am sure you love each other to bits! Even if he is was pink with blue spots!!
blush.gif
Everyone has 'types' they like/dislike. Don't worry about it , its not a popularity contest
blush.gif
Just get on with life with your horse and love him for him!! Its almost like you feel you have to conform with the norm!! DON'T! be a bit different and be proud of it!! P.S I think your horse is a real sweety!!( Mine is just a boring bay!!
grin.gif
)