Apology

3OldPonies

Visit site
Just wanted to apologise to the OP based in Spain with the potentially riggy horse that kept getting out. I still stand by what I said, but I've been thinking about it and realised that I didn't make my thoughts known in the most appropriate way and once started I couldn't for some reason make myself backdown.

So everyone, I do apologise, it wasn't like me at all to be so confrontational, must have been a bad day for hormones or something.

_GG_

Visit site
Thanks guys - I agonised all last night over what I'd typed and what I could possibly do to make any kind of amend for it.

Most of us have been there and there is pretty much always good intention behind it. I say, don't judge a man (or woman) by their mistake, but by how they act afterwards and you've proven yourself to be a very good person indeed. But most of us knew that anyway xxx

Merrymoles

Visit site
I, too, am guilty on occasions of being too blunt in my opinions (more in RL than on here where I can read it back before I "say" it) and it can be really hard to "take back" something that came out slightly wrong.

OP, your apology does you credit and reinforces my former opinion of you!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Good on you for saying sorry its not easy:) we all have off days and can say things we wouldnt normally, at a certain time of the month god help you if you cross me I can be quite horrible but the rest of the time it would go straight over my head.

3OldPonies

Visit site
moleskinsmum and Pinkvboots - thank you.

I was insufferable yesterday, I really was having a time of it, so the lovely responses from all those who have posted is going a very long way to making me feel a little better, not that I really deserve it after the way I behaved.

I think hormones, the pressures of work, losing a dear equine friend in the summer and the home situation with my OH's impending lack of job problems are all mounting up now and unfortunately they all came out in completely the wrong place, at the wrong time and directed at a completely innocent party. That is not to excuse the way I wrote, I just felt that you are all so nice that you needed to know a bit of the background to what happened. Today, whilst things are not exactly looking up, I am feeling a bit more normal which is probably how I came to be able to make the apology - I had contemplated just running away and hiding somewhere in case you all came looking for me with a big stick!

MDB

Visit site
Just wanted to apologise to the OP based in Spain with the potentially riggy horse that kept getting out. I still stand by what I said, but I've been thinking about it and realised that I didn't make my thoughts known in the most appropriate way and once started I couldn't for some reason make myself backdown.

So everyone, I do apologise, it wasn't like me at all to be so confrontational, must have been a bad day for hormones or something.

I didn't see this post earlier.... Thank you very much. I do realise that you had the best interests of my horse in mind and I do appreciate that. And we all have bad days ;) I have taken onboard what you said about the fence not being suitable, which it clearly isn't for this horse even though it would probably be suitable for 99% of others, and I am taking steps to look into what can be done.

_GG_

Visit site
I didn't see this post earlier.... Thank you very much. I do realise that you had the best interests of my horse in mind and I do appreciate that. And we all have bad days ;) I have taken onboard what you said about the fence not being suitable, which it clearly isn't for this horse even though it would probably be suitable for 99% of others, and I am taking steps to look into what can be done.

Two people now showing this forum at its finest! :)

Arizahn

Visit site
Good on you, 3OldPonies - nice to see someone who takes ownership of their choices :) And good luck with the escape artist, MDB!

3OldPonies

Visit site

Thanks MDB. I hope you have success in the future at keeping your boy in, he does look lovely in that photo you posted.

Honestly you guys on this board are soooo nice.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Good on you, 3OldPonies. I was a bit taken aback on your comments on that thread, especially as it was so out of character.

We all do and say things that we later regret, but it takes guts to come subsequently come forward and apologise.

Hope that things settle down for you soon and that you will be back on an even keel.

3OldPonies

Visit site
I'd just quickly like to send some big hugs to everyone for being so nice today, especially _GG_ and MDB.

And I promise to step away from the keyboard in future if I'm not feeling so great!

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
Good on you for apologising. Sounds like you have a lot of stress and pressure on you right now and even the most placid person has a limit before they start to fray a bit at the seams.

Chestnut horse

Visit site
What a great thread and I admire your post, we all sometimes get carried away and then feel really awfully about something on hindsight we know isn't really what we mean or would normally say. I hope you now feel a lot better. Ali xxx

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
Ah, bless you. We all write posts in the heat of the moment, press the button & then think c**p that comes across wrong - or at least I have! (As I'm sure some posters can attest too!)

kinnygirl1

Visit site
I really love this forum at the moment! Good on you 3op, and so gracious from mdb. Has really given me a warm fuzzy! ��