Appaloosa, Bantac breeding question

LazyS

Visit site
I have a mare with Bantac breeding in the 3rd generation on the dam's side - Bantac Kaliff who was supposedly a British appaloosa and Bantac Lucky who's sire was a Crabbet Arab - Behesht Atar (arab horses being permitted outcrosses for appaloosas). These horses were around in the late '60s early '70s according to my pedigree papers. I would be very interested to see if you come across anyone with an answer to your query. I have bred two lovely appaloosa foals from this mare (one of which I am keeping) so I would love to know a bit more about the Bantacs too. Have you tried posting on the Spotties.com forum there are often questions about ancestors of spotties on there and someone may be able to help?
The problem may be that the generation that bred in them days may not necessarily be into computers (if you get my drift), so they may not read these forums. But from experience I know that people that read Spotties forum may know of these people and may be able to shed some light.
You don't know until you ask.

taaps

New User
Visit site
I have some information about the breeding of Behesht Atar.
Yes.....I am of the generation that probably should be sitting with my feet up and knitting, but instead I breed horses!
I have a stallion by Behesht Atar, and would be delighted to help with information if I can.

Snixon

Visit site
Hi - realise this is an old post but it popped up on google. My horses grandsire is Behesht Atar, which makes your stallion my boys uncle i think?! i didnt realise behesht was an angloarab, i don't know too much about my boys breeding though, google doesnt reveal too much!

LazyS

Visit site
Snixon, it is an old post, but if you put Behesht Atar into Allbreedpedigree it comes up with all sorts you did not know along with pics of some of the horses themselves. I love looking into the pedigrees of the Appaloosas. Have fun.

taaps

New User
Visit site
Hi - realise this is an old post but it popped up on google. My horses grandsire is Behesht Atar, which makes your stallion my boys uncle i think?! i didnt realise behesht was an angloarab, i don't know too much about my boys breeding though, google doesnt reveal too much!

We still have our old stallion (Appaloosa) by 'Behesht Atar' and now a young filly out of a mare by 'Behesht Ahuramazda' (shares the same grandsire 'Tobias'. Our filly is also spotted.
Our contact details are available from All Breeds Pdeigree if you look up 'Colclough Apollo' which is the name of our 'Behesht Atar' son.
Always happy to share any information.