appaloosas?

neeny5

Visit site
not a true coloured? where is the line drawn between coloured and appaloosa? just ideas for showing classes with the 2yo.

Its Not Magic

Visit site
not a true coloured? where is the line drawn between coloured and appaloosa? just ideas for showing classes with the 2yo.

Some local shows will accept an Appaloosa in the coloured class, however my local area will not. One has to seek a higher level with a designated Appy class.

Last edited:

SpottyTB

Visit site
I think/ not entirely sure but I think, Appaloosa is a breed and to identify them they are known as spotted, ie; blanket, few spot etc etc.

Some local shows will include spotted horses in coloured classes but I don't think the bigger shows do. Best bet is to ring and ask!

I could be wrong btw^ but I'm pretty sure!

neeny5

Visit site
I think/ not entirely sure but I think, Appaloosa is a breed and to identify them they are known as spotted, ie; blanket, few spot etc etc.

Some local shows will include spotted horses in coloured classes but I don't think the bigger shows do. Best bet is to ring and ask!

I could be wrong btw^ but I'm pretty sure!

yes most shows around me dont accept them in coloured classes which is a shame.

SpottyTB

Visit site
It's a pity there isn't a class for spotted horses only, I'd love to show my spotted horse but I feel that she wouldnt stand a chance against coloureds due to things like lack of mane and tail!! :)

MaisieMooandCometToo

Visit site
Appaloosas do not possess the coloured gene, so shouldn't really be in coloured classes. However the local shows here allow duns, roans, palominos and appaloosas into coloured classes so it all depends on the schedule, though I dare say CHAPS affiliated classes are not open to them!