Arab breeding lines?

TwyfordM

Visit site
Friend is getting a new horse for endurance this week just trying to look into his breeding a little but I'm a bit clueless when it comes to arab breeding. He's in a bit of a sorry state at the mo although seen pics of parents etc and looks to be a nice sort.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/copper+moon+jt

His name is Copper Moon JT

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I recognised Indian Magic straight away as he was bred by the Wentworths at their Crabbet stud. Crabbets are generally chunkier than some other arab lines (eg straight Egyptians) with less typey heads, but they often make wonderful performance horses.

Reactions: TPO

TwyfordM

Visit site
I recognised Indian Magic straight away as he was bred by the Wentworths at their Crabbet stud. Crabbets are generally chunkier than some other arab lines (eg straight Egyptians) with less typey heads, but they often make wonderful performance horses.

Found some photos, he was a stunning horse!
Going right back through his breeding it ends up with "desert bred" popping up fairly often,guessing it means what it says on the tin? There's a bit of polish arab, and going back through the British riding pony lines found some revel welsh mountain lines, thoroughbreds right back to the darley arabian and byerley turk.
He looks straight arabian, can't wait until he's up to weight and backed. His confo etc is all good, owner focusing on endurance as showing not her thing but hopefully should have some opportunities to do some showing with him so might have to pick your brains on turnout Faracat :D

Ladyinred

Visit site
If you trace back on the dam side he goes back to Blue Domino... I have a very soft spot for that breeding. Wonderful temperaments.

TwyfordM

Visit site
Yes 'desert bred' is what it says on the tin. :) I'd love to see a photo of him, he sounds lovely. :D

Will post a few once he's home, picking him up in the morning :D think I'm just as excited as friend ... going to be an "auntie"... :D

He's a very pretty boy, light chestnut with a blaze and 4 white stockings, looks to have a lighter tail at the top too. Mums palomino and dads a chestnut.

Last edited:

Pinkvboots

Visit site
He sounds really lovely the legend stud was in Wiltshire and they bred lots of part bred Arabs mainly palomino and cremello I don't think they breed anymore though, I will look out for the pictures :)

TwyfordM

Visit site
Just a quick update. This lad is amazing. No long term problems after the neglect thankfully. Hes a super fast learner, has put on so much condition and looks fantastic. Just needs a little bit of muscle building up but he has been backed and has started very light endurance training (duck to water) he's bitless and treeless from the off with no issues. Vet/farrier/physio amazed with how quickly he's bounced back.
Best thing is he has bonded with friend amazingly, absolutely adores her and vice versa, is a people pony through and through, loves cuddles.

I'm very jealous :p but so happy for friend, she's had a very difficult tb to deal with that she wasn't enjoying training or riding as he was incredibly explosive. So glad she has a horse that she can genuinely enjoy every second with now!

zaminda

Visit site
Would love to see pictures of him now. My little mare has Blue Domino in her background, although a lot closer than this lad as she is rather older, and had old parents!

Follysmum

Visit site
Lovely horse. Many many years ago I had a grand son of mikeno and Procyon he was a great endurance horse with lots of stamina.

chahala

Visit site
Friend is getting a new horse for endurance this week just trying to look into his breeding a little but I'm a bit clueless when it comes to arab breeding. He's in a bit of a sorry state at the mo although seen pics of parents etc and looks to be a nice sort.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/copper+moon+jt

His name is Copper Moon JT

I haven't posted for ages but thought you may like to know i had a successful endurance horse in the '90s whose gradsire was Algolson. He was my horse of a lifetime and competed successfully for over ten years. He had a full brother who also compteted I seem to remember.

Snowfilly

Visit site
Beautiful! We had a lovely flashy chestnut who went back to Blue Domino.

Hope you have lots of fun and success with him

TwyfordM

Visit site
He's a fab boy that's for sure 😁 very naughty and cheeky but has made us laugh so many times especially on his endurance outings...