Arabs

Darknessfalls

New User
Visit site
Are there many people interested in Arabs.I have a 4yr old entire stallion very gracefull and just into his 4th week of being broke someone has mentioned dressage to me.He is from the Round Oak Stud named Roe Atheer Check the website and his breeding anyone interested in Arabs he is on youtube under Emma Wyndham Stallion I would be interested in any comments good or bad ....

rhino

Visit site
I'm not usually 'bothered' about arabs but he is absolutely gorgeous! There probably won't be too many people wanting (or able to cope with) a stallion but I imagine that someone with the right experience would be very happy with a horse like that.

somethingorother

Visit site
I help out with Roe Mahooba (just a few down from him on the website)!! She came from there and is currently in foal to psyches 1st edition R.

She is an amazingly affectionate and generally wonderful little black mare who i am so proud to be involved with and i'm really excited to see this post because i had never seen where she came from before!! :D

Your lad is gorgeous, how big is he? He is nice and flashy, but i would leave his head alone a bit for now. It's not been long, he needs to learn to carry himself and get his ballance without being forced into an outline. It's interfering with his paces and rythm which are naturally stunning. Don't rush him, he will be lovely when he gets the hang of it all properly, but he is coming on really nicely. If anything i would encourage stretching and lengthening of the neck down.

He is really very nice, i would love to see more pictures of him.

ETS: You could maybe do some showing with him, he would probably do quite well. But i'm not sure if they sometimes prefer other colours to bays. He could also do dressage. Arabs are very versatile and can turn their hoof to most things if introduced to it carefully. Why is he entire though, are you keeping him that way? Do you intend to breed from him? (there are lots of quality arab stallions out there to be honest).

Last edited:

Tickles

Visit site
Beautiful animal!

The only even slightly negative thing I have to say is that he doesn't look very happy in his mouth, opening it and tossing his head around. Personally I'd let him work slightly longer and give him lots of opportunities to stretch down in between more difficult work, espec. as he is so young. My share Arab will hold himself much better when allowed to stretch.

They are lovely horses though, as somethignorother says they can do anything... endurance is an obvious one but share horsey does some (low level to suit his riders!) SJ, Dressage and XC too. Enjoy! (And find out what he enjoys too!)

chelseaascot

Visit site
Arhhhh He is lovely, I think he will make a lovely ridden horse. I do think as he is such a baby you may want to change his bit to a happy mouth or even rubber, might help settle his head. :)

Darknessfalls

New User
Visit site
Hi Yoda as i call him is learning very quickly I am looking for a good jockey for him as i am getting to old to ride now lol my daughter does affiliated jumping and we have a couple of jumpers I had Arabs when i was young and he is a legacy from my parents I will put some pics on here for u to enjoy Thanks Ann

EstherYoung

Visit site
He's a really lovely boy :) But then I'm a sucker for bright bay ayrabs. The world is your oyster, really. Mine has been showing, dressaging, show jumping, hunting, cross country, endurancing, driving, swimming, hacking, le trec, cow herding, etc etc etc.

Echo what the others say about his head/mouth - I can't really tell from the video but it almost looks like the bit is set a little high for him too.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
Are there many people interested in Arabs.I have a 4yr old entire stallion very gracefull and just into his 4th week of being broke someone has mentioned dressage to me.He is from the Round Oak Stud named Roe Atheer Check the website and his breeding anyone interested in Arabs he is on youtube under Emma Wyndham Stallion I would be interested in any comments good or bad ....

The link has been removed? Do you have any photos, & is he the sire of the twins you posted about?

skychick

Visit site
I absolutely adored my arab, he was fit as a fiddle, mega energetic, jumped like a stag, galloped forever, loved being fussed. I adored him.