Arc Equine - Bone Issues

nato

Visit site
Looking for any feedback from those who have used the Arc Equine, successfully or unsuccessfully, to help with bone issues in a horse. Specifically, the horse in question had bruising and a hairline fracture to the pedal (not yet re-MRId but he is sound on the straight so guessing it's healing), and also has sidebone.

We have already done a course of shockwave therapy and he seems to be improving, also icing legs with Ice Vibe boots, but looking at options both for short term healing and long term management.

Casey76

Visit site
Well, you either want it to speed up osteogenesis or not. Either way, it isn't going to be able to differentiate between "good" bone (pedal fracture) and "bad" bone (side bone).

nato

Visit site
Well, you either want it to speed up osteogenesis or not. Either way, it isn't going to be able to differentiate between "good" bone (pedal fracture) and "bad" bone (side bone).

Thanks Casey. I'm not a vet so can't say I know what osteogenesis is, can you explain?

Sidebone is not actually bone, it is ossified cartilage, and develops as cartilage progressively ossifies. It can be fixed (not reversed, but the ossification can be stopped) with corrective shoeing, which it has done judging by a comparison of xrays a year ago vs now, but wondering would it like you say cause it to continue to ossify due to the nature of micro current therapy (I am not familiar with it), or would it help with pain management or speed up cell regeneration thus preventing ossification like shockwave does?