ARC Equine Unit

LegOn

Visit site
Hi, I had a good result on myself. Out of interest has anyone recieved the rug yet? I know they were trialling one and they were going to be forwarded on, but that was nearly a year ago now.

Do you mean the back pad? Yeah I bought the whole kit that came with the back pad but was advised not to use it cause its a pain & doesnt stay in place! So I used the leg pads instead.

Has anyone else experienced the scabbing/lumps from the old style legs pads with the carbon & the stitching? Have you been sent the new leg pads with the sticky snap-on electrodes - have you tried them since & have you gotten a reaction??

My horse took a reaction to the unit and his legs are scabbed/marked but it did resolve the original lameness issue I bought it for! But dont want to go using the new leg pads if its just going to do the same to his legs :(

philamena

Visit site
I got scabby / sore / inflamed reaction to the old style leg pads - on horse and myself. It made the skin pretty sensitive to be honest and was quite sore and itchy. I haven't tried the new ones - may contact Ian to ask him to send one as I don't want to put the old ones back on really.

christine48

Visit site
Do you mean the back pad? Yeah I bought the whole kit that came with the back pad but was advised not to use it cause its a pain & doesnt stay in place! So I used the leg pads instead.

Has anyone else experienced the scabbing/lumps from the old style legs pads with the carbon & the stitching? Have you been sent the new leg pads with the sticky snap-on electrodes - have you tried them since & have you gotten a reaction??

My horse took a reaction to the unit and his legs are scabbed/marked but it did resolve the original lameness issue I bought it for! But dont want to go using the new leg pads if its just going to do the same to his legs :(

When we bought ours he said the back pad was going to be replaced with a rug which Francis Whittington was trialling and it was going to be sent on as it was included in the price.
Would be interested in the new leg pads as both myself and the horse had a reaction- the itching drove me mad and I scratched myself raw!!

BeckyD

Visit site
I have just ordered an ARC Equine and am hoping it will help my horse's DDFT matching pair of injuries heal better than they are currently. We don't quite know how he did them other than landing heavily after a misjudged jump at a BE100 event. He has two extremely small dark circles - one in each foreleg in the same place above the fetlock. 6 weeks' box rest hasn't led to any improvement in the scans, so fingers crossed this will help. I will update after our next scans in 6 weeks' time.

BeckyD

Visit site
Just a quick update: Bill has now been wearing the arc for a few weeks and we are now on the healing programme. He feels really well and is stepping out happily in walk. He also is tolerating the Arc really well and I've had no problems either establishing a connection, or with any scabby bits like some people have got. I'm using the gel pads with the "legs" conductive liquid and all seems to be going well. Next scan is December so fingers crossed we will see an improvement (although there is a chance that Bill's legs have always been like this, and that it's only because of the scan that we've found them - you'd certainly not know from feeling his legs/looking/lameness now, which all came right incredibly quickly).

Thankully I got it £75 cheaper as my friend is an agent - if anyone else is going to buy one please don't pay the full asking price advertised on the Arc Equine website, but do put in my friend's agent code and it gets you £75 off. Her agent code is: AE5002

ESH

Visit site
Thankully I got it £75 cheaper as my friend is an agent - if anyone else is going to buy one please don't pay the full asking price advertised on the Arc Equine website, but do put in my friend's agent code and it gets you £75 off. Her agent code is: AE5002

Thanks for mentioning that Becky!

I very rarely come on the forum these days, but would just like to say that I became an Arc Equine agent, having used the unit for over a year on 4 horses, all with different issues, and on myself and the results I have witnessed are very impressive. I'm about to write up a case history of a mare with back issues that was almost unrideable, with thermal imaging scans of before and after 7 weeks use of the Arc Equine unit.

I have also been using it on myself pre and post operation for a hip impingement and 2 weeks post surgery and I'm about 4 weeks ahead of where I should be on my rehab program.

Yellow_Ducky

Visit site
Hey All, I have brought this thread back to life after 2 years to see if anyone else has more feed back on using the Arc Equine unit? I am considering renting one and wanted to see the reviews first!

thanks in advance guys :)

Peanot

Visit site
I have recently bought one, the AE2 and my horse is in to the 3rd phase so in total has had it on for 4 weeks. He was lame with a splint for about a month before I bought one. He went sound in the 2nd week of using the AE unit but has also had the odd days of slight lameness too. I did the 2 weeks rehab of walk in hand and I've been riding for 1 week following the rehab programme. We will be on 30 mins walking tomorrow. I was advised not to trot him up myself (if he wants to trot of his own accord, he can) so I am like a hawkeye every opportunity when he's in the field (out for 21hrs at the minute) but I haven't seen him trot for a couple of days, the last couple of times, he was sound, but it's been intermittent so I'm anxious! One big difference I have noticed is that he is so much calmer in the field, walks off up the field, whereas he used to buck, bronk, and fart galloping up the field and yard owner has told me that he's seen him standing perfectly calm then next minute, he's high on his hind legs or galloping down the field! But not since he's been wearing the AE unit which is very positive as the field is where he was a little accident prone.
So I'm anxious and waiting to see if he stays sound when we are scheduled to start the trotting in 1 weeks time. Ian did advise to carry on with the rehab programme of walking in hand when he had his 'off' days, but it was strange as it was always in the evening when he seemed off, then looked good in the mornings! I've got everything crossed that it will work.
It would be nice to know if it's worked on splints before? Thanks for reading. I will update again when I have good news which will hopefully be soon, here's hoping.

lori ann

Visit site
Great this thread has come back to life I have read it all with interest. We are currently using one on our five year old with Proximal Suspensory Desmitis and trying the conservative rehab route before anything else. He would not box rest well so made him a small turnout paddock for night and in during day which is when we use the unit.
Differences noticed on Phase 1 . Lies down a lot more in stable. A lot thirstier after treatment. Started stretching after treatment. Hooves have grown quicker calling the farrier out early !
We start phase two soon this will be harder walking a lively horse in hand.
Will keep posting for anyone who is interested.

Peanot

Visit site
Great this thread has come back to life I have read it all with interest. We are currently using one on our five year old with Proximal Suspensory Desmitis and trying the conservative rehab route before anything else. He would not box rest well so made him a small turnout paddock for night and in during day which is when we use the unit.
Differences noticed on Phase 1 . Lies down a lot more in stable. A lot thirstier after treatment. Started stretching after treatment. Hooves have grown quicker calling the farrier out early !
We start phase two soon this will be harder walking a lively horse in hand.
Will keep posting for anyone who is interested.

Hi, I too noticed that my horse was lying down a lot and chilled in the field. This also helped when I was walking him, he was such a good boy, chilled and walked out lovely. My friend has it on her horse at the minute and he too has chilled right out as he was sometimes very grumpy. He has an old injury to the annular ligament but hoping that the AE will sort him too.
I am on my first week of canter work and hopefully we will get to the end of the rehab together. Good luck :)

charlie76

Visit site
Thought I'd add my experience. My horse was diagnosed with a check ligament injury last Friday and although not lame , he had a huge hard swelling. I decided to give the arc a go as I thought it would be good to see what happens in a new injury from the start. Anyway. I have used it every day for a week, after two days there was a definite decrease in the swelling. After one week , he has the smallest bump one side, he is totally sound. I'm still following the vets instructors of course but I am truly stunned at the speed the swelling reduced.
The other bonus is, he is totally chilled on box rest , even in on his own which is unheard of! He doesn't make a sound when the while yard gets turned out around him.

JLav

Visit site
I've just started to use the Arc on my horse who had a dorsal wall resection to remove a Keratoma from his foot last week. Glad to hear that it might speed up growth of new horn though his feet grow at a rate of knots anyway.
Anyone wanting to follow his progress can do so through his Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boston-Deluxe/554642297927094 where I will be posting pics every few days as the foot recovers.
He is the Clydie cross dressage horse who was on the front cover of Horse and Hound a couple of weeks ago.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Thought I would reply to this thread as I used it to decide weather to buy or not.

Jay man has not been lame, but was not quite right from time to time, and then be fine... so I rested him then when that was not sufficient I took him to the vet. He was sound there, but after flexion, blocks, scan and Xray could be diagnosed as having a small strain to his suspensory.

I read the stuff on here, and decided that as I did not even strap the Arcequine onto his poorly leg it could not hurt. I spoke with Ian who was great, and convinced me to use it myself too.

TBH I would never have bought the ArcEquine for myself, but whatever Jay Man needs he gets, so it arrived. I have no idea if it is helping him really or not, as he never was lame, and is on walk only. He has had his second scan thugh after 4 weeks, 3 of which were with the ArcEquine, and the vet was pleased.

For me I can say more. I have had a back injury since 2012 that has been stopping me doing much stuff. I have lost fitness and gained weight. I have tried for the past 12 months to get a grip of this (as I gave up work and the pain has been manageable). I have gained some back, but it was very slow work.

I have now had 6 weeks on the Arcequine, and have lost half a stone in weight, and have been able to up my exercise hugely. My energy levels are up. This was within less than a week of using the Arcequine.

My husband has also used it, and his knee is improved (already been operated on), and he also seems to have more energy.

brbc

Visit site
Hi All,

Sorry to bring this post up from way way back.

But just wanting to know if the unit still has good reviews, I've been looking at one for my girls PSD recovery. Just seeing if there is any recent reviews

Thank you :)

Tangaroo

Visit site
Im using one for my boy with PSD and dont think its made much difference to his legs but hes definitely happier in himself when he has it on. My mother used it for her broken arm last year and it definitely helped

brbc

Visit site
Thanks Tangaroo, how long has your boy had it on for now? Hope you don't mind me asking but what route did you go down for his PSD?

noname

Visit site
I've recently bought one and tried it on a couple of horses and myself. It either doesn't make much difference or is broken. Arc equine were really unhelpful but it's gone back for testing. Will see what happens...!

Tangaroo

Visit site
My boy wore it for the 6 week program and then hes been turned away for over a year. He back in and wearing it again for 6 weeks before i try and get on him again. Im not hopeful to be honest but he wasnt a candidate for surgery so it was his only option