Ardennes sellers/breeders

chrilaur

Visit site
We are currently looking to buy a horse and I have fallen in love with the Ardennes. I've loved the Ardennes for some time and would certainly appreciate more information. I was also wondering if anyone knew where would be the place to buy one, especially in the UK? I certainly don't and would appreciate any information. Thank you

chrilaur

Visit site
Seen the ones on dragon driving, unfortunately one is a broodmare, and the other is out of our budget. The gelding on horsemart is gorgeous and we are considering him. Looking for any information on owning one as well. Thank you. :)

WindyStacks

Visit site
Have you considered nipping over to Belgium and bringing one back yourself? They're working/meat horses there - so without the heady premium.

chrilaur

Visit site
I haven't considered that and a bit worried about buying one that is intended for meat so not very good. Also I have no idea what I would have to do to bring one back.

WindyStacks

Visit site
They are bred for meat - as opposed to a by-product of crappy owners.

Easy enough to find a transporter - check classifieds of H&H.

Most Flemish people speak good English - google "trekpaarden te Koop" and that should return some hits.

They're not all for meat. But by buying abroad you cut out the middleman (ie the dealer) who is only doing what you could do - that is, driving over and filling a lorry for a few quid.

chrilaur

Visit site
I get that but I don't want to get a horse that is for meat and not any good for riding. Also I want to buy a horse that has already been broken.