Are équipe saddles adjustable?

Mary jones

Visit site
I’ve found the most perfect équipe in my price range, and just wondered if anyone had any experience having them refitted to another horse? Ive only ever had new saddles so no idea what the process is like.
It’s the correct seat size and all, would just need adjusting along the back.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
They’re not hugely adjustable, I believe they can be adjusted up or down one width but it’s generally advised you only do this once as it tends to compromise the tree.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Adjustable is nearly always about the front arch width/angle, adjusting "along the back" probably means the channel is too narrow? That is determined by the panels, and the tree, and isn't adjustable in the same way, it would need new panels in most cases, but even then, the panels SHOULD be designed around the tree and any large change in channel width isn't appropriate. If the channel width is wrong it's likely the rails/tree is wrong.

Mary jones

Visit site
Adjustable is nearly always about the front arch width/angle, adjusting "along the back" probably means the channel is too narrow? That is determined by the panels, and the tree, and isn't adjustable in the same way, it would need new panels in most cases, but even then, the panels SHOULD be designed around the tree and any large change in channel width isn't appropriate. If the channel width is wrong it's likely the rails/tree is wrong.
i believe it would be a wide enough gullet, but I thought maybe panels would need changing for balance along the back and obviously different shape of horse. Do you know how difficult this would be?

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
i believe it would be a wide enough gullet, but I thought maybe panels would need changing for balance along the back and obviously different shape of horse. Do you know how difficult this would be?

New panels, back to Italy, and I'd still say that panels are usually designed for the tree, anything other than a smaller change may mean that the tree isn't right in the first place. I have no idea if Equipe offers this, you'd have to consult a local fitter (and that would apply for any definitive answer about what adjustments are possible).

AUB

Visit site
The panels is a bother to adjust in my Emporio, since it’s foam. You can shave foam of, but it’s difficult to add as you need have it ordered from Italy.

But the gullet took my fitter 10 minutes to change.