Are Baseball caps chavvy???

Ever been to the Shetland Isles?

• Total voters

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I love my baseball cap; I'd fry without it and look like beef jerky in minutes. I am rather shocked though to discover that in addition to being an equichav (owing to my fondness for pink, sheepskin and diamante.. sometimes all together... just kidding
tongue.gif
) I might also be a chav....
What do you think?

truffles

Visit site
I think they are great in summer - I hate squinting in the sun, and you can fill them up with water and slosh it on your head!
grin.gif

S_N

Visit site
OMG!!! I would DIE without mine - certainly would have done in KY, winter or summer! I have a collection, lots haven't ever been worn, but they are stallion hats/racehorse hats/souvenir type horsey hats from america and I don't think I paid for any - some are even prototypes, as an old colleague is the founder of http://www.horsehats.com/ I do however have many BLUE hats and actually one PINK one - only wore it once, made me feel ill - would you like it?

S_L_J

Visit site
I've never given it much thought before - it's just a cap & a yard is hardly the place to worry about one looks like ... that's what I tell myself anyway!

But if it helps put your mind at rest - I'm sure you don't look at all chavvy in it.

Sophie x x x

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Haven't got a brother... but my dad has a US army cap he's very very fond of... (although he's far too old to wear it and wears one of those floppy round granddad hats instead)
Best avoid that one then, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you'll avoid it, I'll have it then!!!
tongue.gif

Enfys

Visit site
God I hope not!!!!!!!!!

I've worn them for years. I have a box full of them (no Burberry or bling though, sorry) I usually wear one, great for keeping hay etc out of my hair and my hair out of everything!

Tia

Visit site
Do you have a fur trappers hat yet Enfys? Possibly not as it hasn't been cold over here yet. You might want to swap your baseball cap for one within the month, LOL!
cool.gif

Visit site
I only consider Burberry caps to be chavish tbh. I wear a cap on the yard in the summer to keep the sun of my head etc. I think they are practical and no you aren't a chav for wearing one!
tongue.gif

moodymare1987

Visit site
Ive got a pink joules hat its well nice, i got it from a show in south of england show, I Love it matches my pink glasses aswell.

I also put water in my hat and put it on my head, very good for cooling down.
laugh.gif

izzyxxx

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think they are great in summer - I hate squinting in the sun, and you can fill them up with water and slosh it on your head!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] i do exactly the same with water thought i was the only one so good to know people do the same things as me also i always end up with messy hair after riding so a cap soon sorts that out no one can tell!!!

Gingernags

Visit site
Necessary evil - how else do you disguise the hat hair after riding or keep your face free of irritiating messy mop at shows when you've got up way too early to have got the straighteners out?

I have a JW one which has strangely vanished, and a free Equilage one which I have to use in its place...

teapot

Visit site
They're ideal for the summer - always wore one when working at the yard - meant I could still see without either squinting or wearing sunglasses (which would be trashed/dropped in bucket/stable etc)

Think it does depend though on what brand the cap is. If it's a burbarry one - then yes they are chavvy.