Are Bates saddles really all that bad?

Elno

Visit site
No need to be rude your actually coming across as some kind of ambassador for them now! I don't really care what they say about the kink I don't like it and personally think its a flaw so I wouldn't buy one for that very reason.

I'm not an ambassador for them, and of course you're entitled to your opinion- as am I. I think the explanation she gives is sufficient for me at least to stop fretting about the kink in the gullet bar, which I admit also had me worried about creating pressure points. We all want the best for our horses.

Elno

Visit site
How is it misinformation though?

And of course someone who works with Bates is going to say it's no issue ;)

It's also one of those things that might be ok for some horses, but might not be for others. Some may never show discomfort ?‍♀️ and her answer in turn video does leave some room for debate. If you and your horse get along well with Bates, then that's fine. I don't think concern or questioning over the "kink" is a bad question and is worth noting.

Misinformation in the way that the kink is responsible for pressure points. I thought she gave a sound explanation for it being there and why it wasn't an issue.

I don't actually get along with Bates on my current horse since we're having problems with the saddle fit, but that is a whole different reason than the gullet bars having a kink I think. ?