Are caged stirrups BD legal?

05jackd

Visit site
I have been through the BD rule book but I cannot seem to find a definitive answer so hoping someone on here might have a bit more knowledge. I ride in ones similar to below and get on very well with them but are these legal for BD dressage?

Rainbow and magnetic stirrups are a no but other than that I cannot see anything relating to stirrups.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11138386...4DZ-8aJROIyCWm0ZRPW3M2TKlckgfp9BoC3KUQAvD_BwE

conniegirl

Visit site
I don’t think so, when i was last working with para riders they had to have a dispensation letter to use caged stirrups at BD events

Velcrobum

Visit site
No it would come under the bit in the rule book (p 112, 2021) Not permitted "A rider's boots fixed to the stirrup by mechanical means" You would need a dispensation from BD before using caged stirrups.

blodwyn1

Visit site
The stirrups are not attached to the boot though. I use these too as I have been dragged in my last accident and feel safer using them.

stormox

Visit site
i am pretty sure they arn't legal, espicially if thy are coloured. i had to change my green composite ones when the riding club had a tack check at a drssage competition they were running.

05jackd

Visit site
Thanks everyone. I suspected they weren’t especially as mine are bright blue
I will see if I can find any ‘normal’ stirrups with the same wide tread.

I do agree with Blodwyn though. They offer increased safety but I don’t feel give an competitive advantage really.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Thanks everyone. I suspected they weren’t especially as mine are bright blue
I will see if I can find any ‘normal’ stirrups with the same wide tread.

I do agree with Blodwyn though. They offer increased safety but I don’t feel give an competitive advantage really.
I think I read that coloured stirrups are fine for dressage? However no clue about the cages. Sorry!

stormox

Visit site
I also think the judges might object to not being able to see the riders feet clearly for marking purposes? Thats the objection to bit guards, they can't see the horses mouth.