Are care plans worth it?!

Rachael42

Visit site
Both my horses have been on care plans with their vet for a few years now. I’m just wondering what people think about them. Are they worth paying monthly or am I best doing things individually? The vet always seems to find something for me to pay for that’s not covered in the plan.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I’ve been on two plans and they are worth it in my opinion …it covers annual vaccinations, worming, dental visit, one had a couple of free visits per horse a year..another discounted medications and visit fees.

ihatework

Visit site
All mine are on a plan and yes I find it worth it.
10.99/month. So £132 a year.
Vaccination, teeth rasp (incl sedation if needed), basic health check, 4 worm counts, 1 tapeworm saliva, 1 wormer, a % off any diagnostic work (think it’s 10%). For me it’s a no brainer as it’s all stuff I would spend on anyway.

Widgeon

Visit site
Our dog is on one (and I'm sure the costing will be similar) and it's worth doing for him. I just add up the "value" of all of the items in the plan, take off anything you think you wouldn't use for whatever reason, then compare that with the total cost of the plan. IME plans usually come out a little bit cheaper, particularly if it they give you a % off treatment or diagnostics.