Are equestrian events allowed under the new rules?

Orangehorse

Visit site
The local driving club is going ahead with a planned event, whereas a Riding Club has cancelled a show, to much local disappointment.
Horse Trials are still going ahead.

J&S

Visit site
I think a "show" as such with limited or unlimited people/horses in a ring, a judge and a steward, no definite times for classes ending and starting is a difficult situation to handle. Dressage, SJ, arena based Trec, hunter trials, eventing have all got the control factor of previously allotted times and an ability to limit horses in a warm up area.

Expo

Visit site
British Riding Clubs and British Dressage have confirmed yes they are OK still https://www.britishdressage.co.uk/n...VAv-ER2uOd2N6J_asbf7ez9Z4jsy-r1eoQQGa7YOE-x1Q

Thank you for this. I think our little, local thing should be fine. We will be on a large field with plenty of space. All entries are pre-event by post to the club secretary (to avoid people gathering to pay on the day) and we are really pushing the social distancing message to everyone. Let’s hope the fine weather holds and we might get a decent day out.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Our hunt had a ride on Sunday it was fine people where really with the message in the lorry park they distanced to six people during the ride and people where really good about this .
Everyone was very sensible.
You will need track and trace details .
We had an extra person monitoring the lorry park we had over 160 people but it was fine .
We had an arrive , go and ride round leave rule no picnics which lots usually do and we ditched the catering .
It was a good day although it was very hard to help a lady who fell off and broke her reins from two metres away .

conniegirl

Visit site
I think a "show" as such with limited or unlimited people/horses in a ring, a judge and a steward, no definite times for classes ending and starting is a difficult situation to handle. Dressage, SJ, arena based Trec, hunter trials, eventing have all got the control factor of previously allotted times and an ability to limit horses in a warm up area.

Most “shows” are now limiting the numbers in classes, are giving not before times for each class and are not allowing spectators. As with every event things have had to adapt

J&S

Visit site
Most “shows” are now limiting the numbers in classes, are giving not before times for each class and are not allowing spectators. As with every event things have had to adapt
That is a useful bit of info. I have been wondering how to manage our local show next year (if allowed at all). Trouble being, with the inevitable expenses incurred running the show will it be possible to break even with the limited entries?

Cowpony

Visit site
I went to a dressage competition at the weekend. We got an e-mail beforehand telling us the rules and we were asked to leave as soon as possible after finishing our second class. 3 people sat outside their lorry to drink coffee and were soon joined by others. After a few minutes there were a dozen there, looking as if they were settling in for a party ? Technically within the rules as the 6 person limit didn't come in until Monday, but seemed pretty stupid to me!

holeymoley

Visit site
I’m off to a showing show at the weekend. I’m still awaiting info but I believe that we all get a time slot to do an individual show and everything is marked down to compare against others. Once you’ve done it that’s you. I’m not sure though. It’ll be a bit strange with no atmosphere. A lot of effort too but I’m going with the view that it’s something different to do.

WelshD

Visit site
I’m off to a showing show at the weekend. I’m still awaiting info but I believe that we all get a time slot to do an individual show and everything is marked down to compare against others. Once you’ve done it that’s you. I’m not sure though. It’ll be a bit strange with no atmosphere. A lot of effort too but I’m going with the view that it’s something different to do.

Its certainly a bit odd, we have gone with a box full with times spread over the day so have been lucky enough for it to seem pretty normal but for those with just one class it may seem very different. the problem we have had is insufficient working in at some shows due to time slots being given for arenas, at one we had 15 minutes before a jumping round which after some time on a lorry didn't seem much at all but most shows have done a good job with the restrictions, BSPS Summer Champs was epic despite being shorter and having less classes.

conniegirl

Visit site
That is a useful bit of info. I have been wondering how to manage our local show next year (if allowed at all). Trouble being, with the inevitable expenses incurred running the show will it be possible to break even with the limited entries?
Most here are limiting it to 6 or 8 per class which gives everyone plenty of room.
I suppose it would depend how many entrys you need to break even and what the size of your rings are.

I’ve been to 2 showing shows this year. One limited to 6 per class and one to 8 per class, both had most classes full (the one that limited to 6 had 60 classes all of which were full, so they split them and did an a and b section.

holeymoley

Visit site
Its certainly a bit odd, we have gone with a box full with times spread over the day so have been lucky enough for it to seem pretty normal but for those with just one class it may seem very different. the problem we have had is insufficient working in at some shows due to time slots being given for arenas, at one we had 15 minutes before a jumping round which after some time on a lorry didn't seem much at all but most shows have done a good job with the restrictions, BSPS Summer Champs was epic despite being shorter and having less classes.

it certainly is strange, I’m wondering how they will allocate ‘warm up’ times. My guy doesn’t really need worked in but would like to get him stretched properly before being expected to perform a show. I actually thought it would get cancelled and entered it just on the off chance but it’s still going ahead. I’ve not shown in 4 years, I’ve just blown the dust off my tweed and my velvet hat!

TGM

Visit site
What about a tack sale? Not a sporting event so not sure what heading it comes under.

Well it could possibly come under the definition of a 'shop' albeit a 'pop-up' one. You would probably have to have a certain distance between individual stalls and implement some social distancing rules restricting the number of people at each stall and the distance between them, and the total number allowed into the venue at one time. I think you would have to provide hand sanitiser stations and ask people not to touch the items for sale. Probably easier if an outside venue with lots of space, if indoors you would need to ask people to wear masks I should think. But then is it really worth the extra hassle!?

Bernster

Visit site
Hunting seems to be on still. but minley hunt fun ride cancelled due to being on MOD land. Seems like south ox ride is going ahead which I’m surprised at tbh.

spacefaer

Visit site
Hunting seems to be on still. but minley hunt fun ride cancelled due to being on MOD land. Seems like south ox ride is going ahead which I’m surprised at tbh.

The fun rides in Shropshire are going ahead - pre-booking/pre-paying and allocated time slots with groups 6 or less. No hanging about but it's not painful to be honest