Are flexons worth the money ?!

motherof2beasts!

Visit site
I just ordered some after a particularly horrible fall yesterday and hoping they are worth the ££££££.

I have hyper mobile joints and whilst I’m not expecting them to ensure I don’t fall hoping it lessens the chances. My boy is usually solid as a rock but due to wet weather and a teeny spook I lost both stirrups in canter, started to slow down at front of ride but he was overtaken at a very fast gallop which he of course joined in , added a tiny buck and off I went !

fell head first so new hat needed too ?

My hips and ankles are very hyper mobile often popping out of place !

Cowpony

Visit site
I would have said a definite yes, but then read your post. They are great if you have knee issues. I have no idea whether they would be good for hypermobility. The sloping footbed does help you not to lose a stirrup, but it's still possible. I'd see if you can borrow some first. Or I think you can hire them to try from Shadowhorse.

ruth83

Visit site
Personally I rode in them for 10 minutes and they made my bad ankle feel incredibly sore. They weren't for me - though 10 minutes is hardly a thorough assessment.

If losing your stirrups (through physical issue rather then positional issue) is a problem then perhaps look at the magnetic stirrups?

Tash88

Visit site
@I'm Dun Interested to know what you think of the wide stirrup leathers - I need to replace my leathers and wondering why/how they help? Thanks

I'm Dun

Visit site
I love them! I'm an old crock and not as competent or as strong as I should be and my lower leg was never as stable as I wanted. The difference with these and the flexs on is noticeable. I'm just more secure and stiller. When my big lad did a 180 spook and spin at the weekend I managed to stay on, mainly I think as my legs didnt flail about. My body did but my legs kept me o.

I bought the £65 FSS ones off ebay. I'm about to buy a second pair for the ponies saddle. But even if I had bought the £120 ones Id have been happy. I hate riding the pony with ordinary leathers now!

Tash88

Visit site
Thank you - my mum (64 but a young 64 and fit, I'm sure you're not an old crock though!) has recently started riding my horse after nearly 10 years out of the saddle. She had ridden on and off prior to that and my horse is safe enough, but although she is confident and sensible she is a novice and so I'm looking at things I can buy to improve her safety, I think they will be a good investment. And I'm sure they will probably help me too!

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
I have hypermobility and I can't get on with any type of flexi stirrups.

They tend to make me sublax more and feel more unstable in the saddle.

Wide treads have been a godsend. It gives my feet a wider surface area.

You can also look at endurance stirrups, some have cages on some don't but my brother uses them, he has two fused ankles so needs more stability in the saddle and these are brilliant.

Jasper151

Visit site
I have flexons and hypermobility and I do like them and think they are worth the money. Luckily I was able to borrow a pair to see if they made a difference before buying them. They aren't flexible like flexi stirrups so I haven't had any issues with stability, but the shock absorber bit at the bottom definitely does help with muscle fatigue etc. I have the incline foot bed which has also helped make a difference in my position, I also haven't lost a stirrup yet either! I do get a bit of a bad ankle, but nothing else hurts so for me that is a win! I also think I need to get some more supportive boots which I hope will stop the ankle from hurting.