Are free jump stirrups BE legal

siennamiller

Visit site
As title really, looking for new stirrups, and was looking at these, or sprenger bow balance. Partly to help my leg position, partly because knees hurt and my foot goes numb after about 30 mins, and partly as I am scared of getting my foot stuck!

Newlands

Visit site
I'm pretty sure they are. My yard owner has them and events at 2* and I'm sure they are on her 'party' saddle. May be wrong though? I have just switched from Bow balance to Jin stirrups as found them much more comfortable and the lightness of them too plus love the grippy treads (and choice of colours). You can get grippy treads for bow balance irons now too. Free jumps do sound great though!

hcm88

Visit site
Pretty sure I've seen all the pros riding in them! Ben Hobday comes to mind with bright blue ones? I love my bow balance but haven't tried the free jump, everyone is raving about them though!

Shay

Visit site
The only restriction on stirrups in the BE rulebook is that they must allow the foot to be removed without restriction. So I would say freejump are legal. To be sure I would tend to ask BE rather than the manufacturer though?