are horseboxes not selling at all currently??

whiteclover

Visit site
My horsebox has been on horsemart a month now and Ive not had one enquiry. Granted its not brand new but it has a few years of life left in it still.

sjp1

Visit site
Well, my YO has been looking for ages and the only one she could find was in Yorkshire and we are in the southwest.

She is looking pretty specifically though for a side load and not herringbone, over 3.5 tonnes and up to 12K, so perhaps not that many around?

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
I've just bought one, a renault master van made by Marlborough horse boxes for £4000!! Which is very cheap considering the DIY jobbies want +£6000. I don't think any are selling at the moment because really they're all very over priced.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I've just bought one, a renault master van made by Marlborough horse boxes for £4000!! Which is very cheap considering the DIY jobbies want +£6000. I don't think any are selling at the moment because really they're all very over priced.
You're right there! We've been looking to buy recently and some are VERY over-priced. we've just bought a recent conversion and got it and a tractor for the price of one we looked at which was leaking rain all over, including through the passenger door, the tack locker doors and the top of the ramp. We think as well that the 'liquid' rubber floor was hiding a multitude and at best, it would trap water under it when you washed the box out, as it was split in places.

Louby

Visit site
Im looking and cant find anything :(
I want a compact 7.5t, not bothered about age as long as it is safe and mechanically sound and looks like a horsebox. Ive looked at a couple that look good in the pic, seem to be a bit pricey but when you get there, they are nothing like the photo's and IMO very overpriced, I sold mine in a week, I think, if they are realistically priced, they go quick.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Im looking and cant find anything :(
I want a compact 7.5t, not bothered about age as long as it is safe and mechanically sound and looks like a horsebox. Ive looked at a couple that look good in the pic, seem to be a bit pricey but when you get there, they are nothing like the photo's and IMO very overpriced, I sold mine in a week, I think, if they are realistically priced, they go quick.
There were quite a few on Horsemart in Cheshire last week but I do know that at least one was over-priced.
We actually got one by word-of-mouth from just down the road.

Walrus

Visit site
I'm struggling to find one! looking at 3.5t's in the 5-6k area and it seems that esp the smaller boxes even once they are ancient or clearly rusty etc they are advertised at about 5k! That seems to be the point at which prices freeze for small boxes regardless of age or condition!

Sorry op can't help with yours, have you got it listed in local tack shops and on free listings like preloved or gumtree?

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
but not mine. How old is the box you bought, do you mind me asking?

It was an oldie! - M reg VW LT35. We had just scrapped/sold the 7.5T as its too big for a lot of the endurance venues,our local garage )in Cairngorms so not a choice of garages!) didnt want to deal with the bigger lorry and my big chap is retired now so only needed a 3.5T to take coblet Madam out and about locally.

It does need a bit of suspension work but apart from that is sound, floor is good and runs well.

BTR

Visit site
I've not had any luck in selling mine either, lots of people asking questions and then they never get back to me.
I'm not sure if it's over priced or just not what people are looking for???

Suffolkangel

Visit site
I've just bought a G reg VW Lt35. But it was in such great condition, like new really no rust and fantastic horse section, new floor fitted. And i managed to get it at what i consider a good price. (£2650) so the nice ones are selling if the price is right....

BlairandAzria

Visit site
I've just bought an older one too! Rachelstar I'm glad you got your box then £4000 is a great price for a Marlborough! The van conversions I was looking at we're all£8/9k for some very dodgy ones!

I ended up buying a 20yr old coachbuilt master, hoping it pays off and isn't a total lemon!!

Coop

Visit site
I think a lot of people are after a 7.5 tonne thats not too long,,a lot of them are giants, from my experience! I haven't even advertised my 6.5 tonne and I have been having people begging me for pics, even though its in the garage having a fuel pump! It was like hens teeth to find, but it sounds like it will sell quick. I want a 2 horse, but a 2 'big' horse not longer than 22ft. My lorry man has said a daf 45 or iveco e series so there are a lot around. I went to see one yesterday and they said it was 22ft long including the cab, but it was 26, too tight for my entrance turn!! If I had more space I would just get a longer one as there is more choice! Arrrghh!!