Are there any EVA stable mats that don’t stretch,please?

catembi

Visit site
I laid ark eva mats, the interlocking ones, in my stables two years ago. Laid onto concrete. All mine are barefoot and live out, so stables are kept open all the time and used as a field shelter and for feeding/tacking up. I was initially v pleased with the mats, but they keep stretching/expanding and I keep having to trim them. My new block of 4 stables is just being finished and I want to lay mats but can’t face having to retrim periodically. I have considered pure rubber but the stables aren’t exactly 12ft square, and I am not up to trimming that much solid rubber. And I can’t afford poured rubber! So are there any eva mats that will keep their size and shape?

ihatework

Visit site
Equimats are very good and I have a feeling they will trim to fit for you before shipping if you ask. They need a small gap left for initial expansion but they are the type that don’t keep expanding and bulging

Last edited:

Myloubylou

Visit site
Equimats, though they are about double the cost of ark mats so depends how much you want to avoid having to periodically trim! I have the latter which have spread too much tbh

jnb

Visit site
Equimats, I have had my 28mm ones for 16 years and moved them 7 times, still as good as new, I have never had to trim them or anything. Love them, they were £440 16 years ago, £27 a year, bargain