Are there 'tactics' in competing/training?

FFF

Visit site
For my PE AS Level I need to do a presentation on tatics in horse riding. But, honestly I don't have a clue where to start or what to do!

I need at least three ideas, so can anyone help! :D

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
'tactics' imo, are normally used in team sports.

so why dont you look at a showjumping team? talk about how within the team they play to each individuals strength.

say - 1 member might have a a horse that isnt as fast as the others, so they will aim for a slower double clear.

another member might have the aim to get round as fast as they can and their horse is nippy.

or they might all decide to go for double clears, and leave it down to one rider to try and collectivley shave the seconds off their times.

i don't know if that will be of any help to you?

woodlandswow

Visit site
yeah, same as eventing maybe you would concentrate on your dressage if you know your horse always has a couple of time penalites and nothing will change that,,,.. if you get a good enough dressage .. the time penalties wouldnt do too much damage!

soulfull

Visit site
also in SJ you might know so far there have been no CR so you start off intending to go for a CR end up knocking fence one down and then put foot on gas for fastest 4 faults??#

In DR you might know your horse will lose impulsion at point ?? and it will be out of sight of judge if you have you whip in ?? hand so use it.

diggerbez

Visit site
you could think about eventing teams at comps like WEG and the Olympics- who they choose to be the pathfinder, whether they are told to take long routes etc etc- sure someone on here will know more about it than me:)

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
you could think about eventing teams at comps like WEG and the Olympics- who they choose to be the pathfinder, whether they are told to take long routes etc etc- sure someone on here will know more about it than me:)

I was going to suggest that :)

They always seem to (although might be my biased brain!) put Nicola Wilson round the xc first, as she is almost guaranteed to go the direct routes and have an 'easy' ride and most importantly get round, so she can fill in the rest of the team.

Other tactics, many people at BS will not try and win in a jump-off for BN or discovery as they are going for the double clears. That is tactics in an individual sense I think. I play my JOs differently dependin on where I am drawn - first to go and I'll give everything a shot, if I'm last and very few have gone clear, I'd be more likely to go for a clean clear than try and rush and get the tight turns in. :)