Are travellers a threat?

Ddraig_wen

Visit site
I've had good experiences more than bad. A local traveller stopped one of the local psychopaths from letting everyone's horses out and causing ridiculous amounts of hassle. Another gave me the oomph to ride the sort of horses I', happy to ride to this day. I never thought I'd ever be able to before his help.There's bad eggs in every walk of life.

I'm quite a suspicious bunny and I'd keep an eye on any newcomers next to my place until I know what they're like. It may be i keep more of an eye once I know what they're like.

wiglet

Visit site
I have nothing positive to say about travellers. When they appeared one morning in my village there was uproar about it but it took 6 weeks to evict them. In the six weeks they were there lots of stuff went missing from gardens and a few houses were broken in to. When they went, they left a hell of a mess and it appears their dogs all had the Parvo virus which in turn infected lots of other villagers dogs.

Travellers seem to be above the law, they steal, cause trouble then move on. Because they're always on the move, they are never made accountable for their actions. They seem to know this too well. I would be very concerned about any nearby travellers.

meleeka

Visit site
Traveller funerals can get pretty lively too in these parts.

We have good and bad travellers. The bad ones are very very bad.

Off topic but the last big Traveller funeral here meant that every pub and restaurant within 15 miles closed for the day. I didn’t hear anything about the actual funeral though but trouble was obviously expected.

millikins

Visit site
I have an unofficial site near me which the gypsies have been on for 50+ years, most now live in park homes not caravans. The council have tried many times to make it official, last time the most vehement objections came from the existing gypsies who didn't want a load of riff raff dumped on them.

rowan666

Visit site
UPDATE: They have been moved on already, I'm told without much trouble and the only thing that went missing was the head collar from my new totally feral Shetlands head! BUT said pony has since been less feral! We can now catch him without being kicked and he lets us take the new head collar on and off like a pro! I don't know what they did to him but I'm made up, if they'd have told me they could tame him in one night they could have had all my spare head collars (of which I have many!) And I would have paid them too!

Mule

Visit site
UPDATE: They have been moved on already, I'm told without much trouble and the only thing that went missing was the head collar from my new totally feral Shetlands head! BUT said pony has since been less feral! We can now catch him without being kicked and he lets us take the new head collar on and off like a pro! I don't know what they did to him but I'm made up, if they'd have told me they could tame him in one night they could have had all my spare head collars (of which I have many!) And I would have paid them too!
That is a surprisingly happy ending 👍There must have been a horse whisperer among them