are Wintec and Bates saddles built on the same tree?

Jesstickle

Visit site
I can not jump in my Wintec GP. I now remember why I never, ever own GP saddles. No idea what I was thinking buying the damn thing :mad: Desperate times, desperate measures I guess.

Anyway, as a temp fix until I can afford something I really want I have been on fleabay and have found a couple of Bates jump saddles pretty cheap . I was just wondering if they're on the same tree or not.

Would get saddler out to flock it anyway if I bought but don't want to be barking up the wrong tree (geddit? :D )

Jesstickle

Visit site
This is what I have been told too. However there will be a slightly different tree type for each model so just because a GP Wintec fits doesn't necessarily mean a jump styled Bates will.

Do you reckon? I wondered if they would only really bother with one tree and put on different panels as they're hardly a high end make. Hmm

I'll phone the saddler.

Nickles1973

Visit site
My experience of them for what it is worth is that though I'm pretty sure a Wintec GP is the same as a Bates GP it doesn't follow that a different style of saddle will have the same tree and thus may not fit the same way.
I had a Wintec 500 VSD for my TB originally which saddler agreed fitted really well. I decided though that I would like to have a dressage saddle for our flat work and so I bought a Wintec 500 dressage off ebay expecting to put the right gullet in and it would be fine. It didn't fit at all. No matter what adjustments were made it was still wrong so I sold it on.
That said I now have a Bates caprilli GP which fits just as well as the Wintec VSD so you maybe just fine with a jump saddle?? Either way I'd probably run it by a saddler just to be sure. :D