Are xc colours no more?

khalswitz

Visit site
I wear purple an black - not too garish, but still some colour. Black tack, purple numnah, purple hat cover and purple base layer (plus purple and faded black rugby for colder days) black bp and gloves - and purple tape for my black XC boots. Half the fun of XC is the colours!!! We don't get coloured jackets etc like the sjers, so I like making the most of it!! Admittedly, I like matchy, so all of my horses stuff is black or purple (or If not then navy).

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
Agree it is less colourful then it used to be, maybe now the Showjumpers are more colourful, eventers aren't? I like wearing 'colours' xc, as pc we always used to wear their colours even if just a navy and red hat silk, as others had said makes easier to spot! I now wear a mustard base layer, with navy bp and navy felix the fox tshirt, (making sure I wear my medical armband on the side away from the logo) and then my hat silk is yellow with Navy spots. I choose my colours as I got my confidence with xc hunting with the Kimblewick Hunt, and our staff wear mustart coats, and my old pony who gave me alot of confidence was spotty. So they mean alot to me and are personal. I also wear yellow tape and have a white saddlecloth with yellow top spec logo. Normally easy to spot for photos as my horse is bay so not always easy! Although one of our local instructors, friend also competes in yellow which can be a bit confusing if both near each other. Not bothered if look pro, it's my chance to have some colour and bling now I mainly hunt and event, rather than showjump lol.