Are you an all-round sporty type, or a rider through and through?

Visit site
To follow on from this week's reader poll... do you play sports, or partake of exercise that isn't horse-related? Would you like to if you had the time? Or is coping with the donkeys more than enough to occupy your free time?

Thanks everyone!

Victoria, H&H

kezimac

Visit site
Rider only - If i jogged I would probably die.!!!! lol
Not into other sports and I creak and ache too much anyway!!! Plus would be lucky to get time......does poo picking count as exercise????

CrazyMare

Visit site
I am a qualified gymnastics coach, a PADI Rescue Diver (and helped pay for that by working in a scuba centre), have a community sports leadership award. I was University sports team secratary for the volleyball team (I wanted to try something new) and ski whenever I can.

Oh, and I have two horses...

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I cycle - have been dabbling in time trials but don't really have the time to put into a serious training programme (by which I mean I don't have time to train enough to have a chance at being truly competitive even at low level). If I'm lucky ATM I manage to get out maybe three times a week, between working and horses.

Tallante

Visit site
Cycling.
Less of it now, but used to do a lot of week-end trips. Now limited to holiday trips and 14 mile round trip to horses when Hubby has the car for his Cricket.

Yachting.
Used to own one. Not enough time or money to sail and ride.

Pilates
Weekly for the past 2 years (and probably for the next 20 if I want to stay mobile).

If I had more time I would do more riding and buy another pony rather than take up another sport.

camilla4

Visit site
hhmmm, these days it's very much riding only (unless you count walking!) but at school I was very sporty - played most team sports and did gymnastics, athletics and ballet to quite a high level. I think those latter activities helped my riding more than I'd realised going by how stiff I feel these days in comparison!

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
Dog walker, swimmer and gym go-er (when I get the time = rarely!!) but horse rider mainly :) I try to do as much as I can but its time and money that limits sometimes!

Raych

Visit site
ALL ROUND SPORTS. i love sports, and i dont have my own horse atm so i have more freetime. and im still in school so i dont have to worry about going out to work.
i love athletics, trampolining, but most of all, horse riding :)

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
Dog walking & riding mostly. I Would like to start running as I need to lose a few pounds thanks to the copious amounts of Magners cider consumed whilst the World Cup was on:D

indiat

Visit site
I walk to the yard, 5 mile round trip every day does that count? I would love to play squash again and I am thinking of taking it up after the summer. I can't even call myself a rider as my youngster isn't backed!

fuzz

Visit site
I'm a definite all rounder. I ski, snowboard (qualified instructor), rock climb, swim, hill walk and horse ride at the moment. But I have tried many different sports as well. What can I say, I get bored when I'm not doing something.

Foxglove

Visit site
Definately all round sporty - currently run, play tennis and go to the gym as well as ride. I also intend to take golf lessons in the next couple of months

Katie__Connie

Visit site
Tennis is my main other sport... train about 3 times a week plus matches and tournaments :)

Then I play on the school teams for stuff like netball, hockey, badminton etc :)

Then obvs riding :)

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
You lot are making me very jealous.

:p

I'm an all round would-like-to-think-I'm-sporty-ish type.

I walk, bike, sail, love badminton (the racquet sport), crazy golf occasionally. I very much like drinking games - getting bungalowed exercises the laughing muscles - very important.

Riding gets rid of hangovers - it must be the ammonia in the wee which makes you barf in the wheelbarrow.

Riding will always be my first love whatever happens I don't think I could function properly without one. What would I do with the extra thinking space?

danielle23

Visit site
Does running around after my 2 young children count? or taking terriers ratting, we do a lot of running and bashing? lol
Mainly riding for me, ocasional jogging and walking (sometimes miles if im leading daughter on pony)

mtj

Visit site
As well as riding, walk the dogs, ski 2 weeks a year and keep meaning to get to pilates to support the riding and skiing.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I'm over 40.

kiritiger

Visit site
Riding mostly these days but play badminton about once a week and will have a go at other sports but last time I played football I accidentally broke my cousin's nose - and he was on my team!!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Riding mostly these days but play badminton about once a week and will have a go at other sports but last time I played football I accidentally broke my cousin's nose - and he was on my team!!

Almost nobody plays badminton anymore!!! Yay I found a fellow player!!! :)