Are you happy at your livery?

soulfull

Visit site
Yes very!

Have lovely liveries. My mare is happy. The facilities are great with on site affiliated and unaffiliated competitions

tinycharlie

Visit site
I'm happy, pony is happy where we are now, we moved last November from a private home with land where he had no company to a dairy farm with a small yard with 3 other ponies belonging to the farmers daughter 😃 he has a stable, all year turnout, hay and straw included in price, good hacking on lanes and orchards and a mile from home!
Downside is that the other ponies don't always have the care that I would like them to have as the daughter doesn't live with her dad anymore so she's not there and she has her 12 year old friend to hay them and check them. I help out as much as I can though. Very happy as pony is much happier

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
We are at a private yard at someone's house & we love it. Been there 4 years & can't see us moving at all. The YO & his wife are lovely people, it's diy but we help each other out if it's needed. There are our 2 horses, the YO's horse & a retired horse, all in large brick stables converted from old milking sheds etc. The yard is well lit, has cctv, hanging baskets & troughs of flowers, it's beautiful. There is around 10 acres of turnout, very little mud & we turnout every day except when the weather is horrible. There's a 20 x 40 mtr sand & rubber arena which never floods or freezes, secure alarmed tackroom, large storage barn, rug room & my lorry is barn stored. There is plenty of hacking on quiet lanes. We buy bedding & haylage in bulk splitting the cost between us & save money that way. We don't have any yard rules, we use common sense & are all of similar thought so no problems, back biting or bitching.

Some may think I've just described the ideal yard & I have, it does exist & we are on it. What do we pay for this ideal place........... £30 per horse per week for stable, grazing, use of arena & morning feeding...................Paradise!

xgemmax

Visit site
Yes, just moved to a new yard and love it :) Has everything I need (school, quiet/off road hacking, huge stables, loads of storage, nice paddocks) plus it's quite a small yard with no bitching and nice and quiet! What more could you want!

Sleipnir

Visit site
I just recently moved, so still cautious (after some downright crazy yard experiences!), but I do like everything for now. Small, private yard, my boy is out 24/7 in large fields with a friendly herd, two well lit outdoor arenas, the YO seems nice and helpful, and hacking is fabulous! We could do with less mud as well and the nearby railway unsettled my gelding, but overall I'm feeling lucky to have found this place.

Northern Hare

Visit site
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the yard we're on - it's fantastic! Over the years (I've had my horse for nearly 15 years) we have moved a lot with work so have been on lots of different livery yards. I would say that the yard I am at now is one of the best if not the best. The trick is to find one that suits your circumstances at that point, otherwise you'll want to move again quickly.

Why do I love the yard we're at now so much? Fantastic YO - very approachable and friendly, there is masses of great all year turnout, a great sized indoor school, an outdoor school under construction, but the best bit is the amazing off-road riding with no gates and miles of headlands and lots of uphill stretches for as much varied fast work as you could possibly want. My horse absolutely loves the riding there and it does him so much good to be kept fit without having hours of roadwork (he's 24 but acts more like a 5 yo at times). The only problem is that he just wants to canter everywhere and sometimes takes matters into his own hands.....

billybob22

Visit site
Not really but will put up with it for now as it's 2 miles from where I live and I might be relocating anyway. And it's cheap for what I get including school and xc field.

The main issue is 90% of the people on my yard don't ride/ are scared of their horses/have ongoing problems/are into ignorant natural horsemanship where they ahve no idea what they are doing. About 3 of us compete, no one at a high level and as I used to work at a dressage yard, now I really miss watching people better than me as I used to learn loads.

As it's a big yard of around 30 the bitching is unreal - I am the only grass livery there and I get comments like "oh i'm so glad my horses are in" when it's only lightly raining (they have a shelter)...

There's also no hacking whatsoever apart from on roads.

Possum

Visit site
I'm a bit 'meh' about my yard. There's nothing particularly wrong with it, it's fairly well managed, the facilities are reasonable and the people aren't unpleasant...but neither are they friendly, no one's ever interested in more than a brief 'hello' and there are a few niggles - storage being the main one. Horses are quite happy, but not the most relaxed I've seen them. I used to absolutely love my old yard and am really missing feeling like it's my second home!

Meems

Visit site
Yes, I love it. The only setback is that it's 25 miles away from where I live. But that's my fault for living in the middle of London I guess!