Are you Team William or Team Andrew?!

Scarlett

Visit site
Team Nicholson here!

They are both phenomenal horsemen however, and I know I'll shot for this, I cannot like WFP no matter how hard I try, AN just seems more genuine to me.

Grand slam or not it's going to be a corker! I can't wait to watch it! :)

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
TEAM WILLIAM!

I am another who never warmed to AN.

Is there anyone who wants neither to win so that Pippa Funnel can retain her crown as the only Grand Slam winner EVER :D

Firewell

Visit site
What????!!! AN is NOT hot ha ha ha!! Although I concede if it was a toss up between WFP and AN.. the kiwi gets it ;)

icestationzebra

Visit site
Team William for me, but do enjoy watching AN ride - he performed amazingly at Kentucky and thoroughly deserved the win and if WFP can't do it this weekend then I hope he does. As brilliant as Michael Jung is he leaves me a bit cold. If neither of the titans get it then I feel Vittoria deserves it after watching her at Belton. That partnership is on fire......

arry

Visit site
Team andrew.

Im another who cant warm to wfp, something about him i cant put my finger on, whereas andrew i think what you see is what you get.

Plus the way andrew keeps producing these amazing horses from scratch gives him the edge

{97702}

Visit site
Got to be Mr Fox-Pitt for me :) I used to agree with the silver fox thing for AN but personally I watched the video on the Badminton app and thought they both look as old/rough as god-knows-what now :D

Also agree that it would be fantastic to see Vittoria Panizzon win :)

Darremi

Visit site
Statistically speaking, based on the past results of both the possible rides for WFP and AN, they are very evenly matched. All the horses are capable of low 40s dressage, with Nereo and Parklane Hawk possibly capable of a sub-40 on a very good day. Obviously the optimum time will be no problem for both.All four are consistently good show jumpers with mostly clears or 4 faults at three day events, though Parklane Hawk has been a little shaky at times in this phase, with 8 last year at Burghley.

Unfortunately MJ (with Sam) is consistently capable of a low to mid 30s dressage test at advanced three days, always inside the time and most importantly he always jumps a clear SJ. That puts him safely in front of WFP and AN, purely based on the stats. But stats are to be broken of course!

That is not forgetting all the other competitive combinations in the field that might pull a surprise out the bag.

lex2501

Visit site
Statistically speaking, based on the past results of both the possible rides for WFP and AN, they are very evenly matched. All the horses are capable of low 40s dressage, with Nereo and Parklane Hawk possibly capable of a sub-40 on a very good day. Obviously the optimum time will be no problem for both.All four are consistently good show jumpers with mostly clears or 4 faults at three day events, though Parklane Hawk has been a little shaky at times in this phase, with 8 last year at Burghley.

Unfortunately MJ (with Sam) is consistently capable of a low to mid 30s dressage test at advanced three days, always inside the time and most importantly he always jumps a clear SJ. That puts him safely in front of WFP and AN, purely based on the stats. But stats are to be broken of course!

That is not forgetting all the other competitive combinations in the field that might pull a surprise out the bag.

It does make you wonder if we will know the outcome by Saturday evening! I really hope it isn't a dressages competition between the big 3.

Ktrice1994

Visit site

I agree with this completely

Hedwards

Visit site
Well, I think I'm going to be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for WFP, met him at Burghley last year and he was lovely, genuinelly a nice guy. AN I have never warmed to, and met him a couple of times, however he is an incredible rider... I used to ride at the yard Mr Smiffy came from when he won Burghley, and he did an amazing job with that horse...

either way, think its going to be an exciting competition!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Sandra Affuth(sp?)h for me - I love her horse, she has been the bridesmaid quite a lot and I think must be due a big win.

X

xspiralx

Team William all the way for me, the man is just a genius on horseback - and I generally think he is a more sympathetic rider than AN, which I like.

Although both would be very worthy winners.

MJ and Sam are fantastic, but I confess I am slightly bored by their complete domination - would much rather see an exciting race to the Grand Slam, than to have it as a foregone conclusion by Saturday night.

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
I think I'm Team William, would just be nice to have another Brit get the Grand Slam and he would always wonder "what if..." about last year's Badminton having been cancelled (and no Michael Jung at that one!).

Although I'd rather someone won it than no one, so Andrew my next favourite option as he really is a class rider. And I love the photo of him jumping into the water at Kentucky that's kicking around Twitter, Mr Cool indeed! :cool:

As amazing as Michael Jung and Sam are, it would be a bit "meh" to just have them lead and win from the start. :eek: I'd love SJ day to come down to William vs Andrew!

Outside of the Gram Slammers, I love Borough Pennyz and would love to see her and Vittoria do well. :)

seabsicuit2

Visit site
Andrew all the way... He's made every single horse of his into a star having built them up from nothing. I love his guts and courage& determination. William buys his horses ready made.

Leg_end

Visit site
I think, based on their history, I would love William to win this. However they are both such classy riders and it is such a massive achievement for either to bring it home that I just couldn't be disappointed regardless of the winner.

I would be disappointed if Mr Jung won though - he is just too cool for school and he looks like he doesn't have a personality. He is obviously an incredible horseman and a rare breed of event rider being brilliant all all three phases but somehow that removes the magic of eventing for me as be just makes it look far too easy!

SpottedCat

Visit site
Andrew all the way... He's made every single horse of his into a star having built them up from nothing. I love his guts and courage& determination. William buys his horses ready made.

That's not totally true:

Oslo - he took from PN-winning Pau 4*
Gaucho - PN-3*
Lionheart - PN-4*

I'm sure there are others too!

sam-b

Visit site
William all the way. The fact that AN had an affair with wfp first wife makes me want to happy slap him.