Area 6 Eventing Report *Long with Videos/Pic*

PickledOnions

Visit site
Second try as computor ate the other one!
Got up at 5 yesterday morning to get horse ready to leave at 7 so we would arrive at Rolleston Hall in plenty of time, which we did so we scooted round the sj course and got numbers etc. Warmed up for dressage and was awful, combination of humps and hollows, stubborn horse and stressed/nervous Me :p. Anyway, Dougal decided to comply a little going around the arena and then softened more and better (for us) into the arena, so down the center line and off we go, to start a lovely test, again for us, up to the second circle, where I thought canter now, nice trans to the canter *BEEP* que very confused me and got told I was supposed to be walking now, oops :( :( did the second circle again but I had clammed up and was on the verge of tears now so rode like a pleb but survived the rest. Came out and promptly burst into tears, I was so dissapointed in myself, as we were on the verge of our aim of a sub 40 until i c0cked it up :( :( Anyway, quick pep talk by dougals owner made me feel a little better, and wandered back to the lorry to put dougal away so we could go walk the xc course, scooted round, and came back to get ready for sj.
Toddled off to the sj warm up whilst mum went to check the scores, 41.4, so this put me in a worse mood as we would have got the sub 40 :( absolutly kicking myself now so in the sj warm up I kept being run into and cut up by stupid kids on ponys, que :mad: me. Got ourselves warmed up and watch my team member before me go and then it was our turn, started off and Dougal put his speedy boots on and wizzed into the first to do a jump like a hairy goat, got back for the 2nd and 3rd and then past the collecting ring for 4, popped this and then came to the double, huge jump from dougal at the first part and then I held for the distance and just tapped the second part out, then Dougal steadied abit and popped round the rest nicely, and since the sj was causing a few problems I was fairly pleased.
Back to the lorry for a quick change ready for xc and drinks break, then tootled up to the XC warm up, whilst we were warming up there was a period where NOBODY was coming home to finish as the course was causing problems which made for green faces in my team, eep. Warmed up nicely then tried to get out the collecting ring and Dougal started to napped so big kicks needed and then he did the same around the start box, starter counted us down and big kicks to make sure we got out of the start box! Flew over 1 and 2 then steadied down the hill to 3, got abit close but popped neatly over, then canter up the hill to number 4 and miscommunication ment we were going to have to take it on a large angle, which wasn't what I wanted really, but Dougal flew over no problems. Round the tree to 5 and then longish canter round a small wood to a skinny ish skinny at 6, flew over this to get a nice photo from the prof photographer. Down the hill to 7, took this on the angle to turn down to the first water, came back to trot to let him have a look as v dark but cantered threw and out onto the second water, popped the roll top in and then cantered threw the water up past the nice house ;) and onto 11 popped this and then up a slight hill to 12, popped over then steadied into the 3rd water and trotted out the woods, flew the trakehner and then flew the last 3 fences home, que massive smiles from me and owner :D :D
back to the lorry to sort Dougs out and was speaking to someone in the same section as me but our other team from the pony club who said if you go clear XC then you are likely for a placing que more :D :D. We bounced off to check scores and I was lying 3rd but dropped down to 10th in the end. But for such a rubbish start, and only my 3rd ODE and my first area I was very very chuffed in the end :D :D
Videos:
dressage up to going wrong (ignore my mum ;) )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enjyreWbztk
after restarting (ignore my mum again :p )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkUPl7XpuLE&feature=channel
Showjumping:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSkrvmFYy4o&feature=channel
Getting my rosette :p :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFql-bzaQqk&feature=channel
Prof Pic:
39232_10150234793450128_898610127_13929700_8341393_n.jpg

will post other pro pics when they are online
Thank you for reading, homemade choc chunk brownies if you made it to the end ;) :)