Area Festival Eligibility

BDtittletattle

New User
Visit site
Good evening,

I've got a bit of a dilemma and I don't know what to do.

I have spotted that someone I vaguely know and who I bumped into at summer regionals recently won their Area Festival class at the same level. If I remember correctly if you do regionals at one level (eg prelim) you can't then compete at that same level at the petplans. Am I right? I am a bit new to all this.

I think I am right. If I am, what should I do with this knowledge? Am I supposed to report it, and if so who to? I just feel bad for the person who came second, and the one who just missed out on placings.

It doesn't affect me at all; I'm competing at a different level. But I just get cross about injustices!

If I should just back off and mind my own flaming business, let me know too!

star

Visit site
If you know they definitely did summer regionals and petplans at the same level then email BD and they will look into it. All the people who qualify for Nationals should be checked eventually for eligibility but doesn't always happen so if you know something you should say.

Chirmapops

Visit site
Yes, that's correct - you can't do regionals then AF at one level (you can do the AF first, then the Regional, but if you qualify for the Nationals via both you automatically lose your Area Festival Final qualification). If you feel strongly about it, the thing to do is email the BD office and they'll deal with it. It's your decision - although I'm sure the person who should gave qualified for the Winters and didn't would be grateful. I get a bit annoyed about people entering classes they're not eligible for - it's happened to me a few times and I've lost out on rosettes because of it. It's all in the rulebook, and if you're not sure Karen at BD is very helpful, so there's not much excuse.

noname

Visit site
They will eventually get eliminated by the bd office but I feel sorry for the second placed rider who has lost out on a sash, winners rosette, prize money and photo of potentially one of their biggest wins. I doubt Bd goes to the effort of getting the prizes back to the rightful winner!

I wouldn't worry about calling BD. They will sort out the qualification and you will not be upsetting anyone but if you feel strongly about it, by all means do what you feel is right. It's sad that this happens so often! :(

ihatework

Visit site
It happens far to frequently! Why riders can't read the rulebook puzzles me greatly.

I've just noticed I've been moved up into 2nd place in my medium petplan this year (from 3rd on the day) - I find it odd BD haven't contacted me as presumably I'm due more prize money? I'm not massively bothered but had I been moved into 1st that would be incredibly disappointing.

It happens year on year. Personally I'd support fining riders who are ineligible. That might motivate them to read the rules :D

noname

Visit site
It happens far to frequently! Why riders can't read the rulebook puzzles me greatly.

I've just noticed I've been moved up into 2nd place in my medium petplan this year (from 3rd on the day) - I find it odd BD haven't contacted me as presumably I'm due more prize money? I'm not massively bothered but had I been moved into 1st that would be incredibly disappointing.

It happens year on year. Personally I'd support fining riders who are ineligible. That might motivate them to read the rules :D

Happened to me too, didn't find out til I got a qualification letter so didn't make a fuss, but maybe should have. You are entitled to your prizes though.

emmah

www.amazingpase.co.uk
I would email BD.....it happened to me at the area festivals a few years ago. The girl who won shouldn't have been in it, it was sorted at a later date and I got to go to the finals but missed out on getting a sash and a winners rosette at the regionals which narked me more!!

ajf

Visit site

BS fine you if you do a class your ineligible for (I think it's just your winnings back at a low level but makes people check!).

Fuzzypuff

Visit site
I have noticed a few times that I have been moved up on my results. It is disappointing when you miss out on correct rosette and prize money. I personally think you should let BD know - the year I was at the Winters in one of the classes they had the rug on the winner ready to go into the prize giving when for whatever reason they found that person was ineligible so took the rug off and put it on the next one down! Better check the eligibility sooner rather than later.