Arena Hire in East Lothian?

PucciNPoni

Visit site
HI there,

A friend is travelling with a 8 year old stallion and is looking to hire an arena for lessons with her own trainer. The arena that she was to use will no longer be able to accomodate her, so we're scrambling to find someplace near to Pencaitland (where she'll be stabled) that she can hire. This is for next week: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning. Needs a decent surface for flatwork and maybe some jumping. A private yard would be ideal.

I'm happy to ring round and get the details, just need to know of where to start looking. :)

Cheers!

Jnhuk

Visit site
I used to livery near Pencaitland so the only ones I can think of are Hodges Farm and Orchardfield Livery both near Boggs Holdings which you may still be able to hire but not sure what their attitude on stallions would be.

My old livery yard had a small sand school but it wasn't great as could get deep and wet if been raining consistently if you are stuck it may be worth contacting Duncrahill Stud but they are now a retirement livery yard.

I was based in that area over six years ago so my info maybe out of date but
I am sure if you google them you will find contact details

applestroodle

Visit site
I live very near here and struggle to hire an arena nearish. There is Cousland, they have an indoor and a big outdoor with a good surface. Otherwise slightly further there is Luffness or Balencrief. Good luck.

JenTaz

Visit site
have you thought about luffness they hire their arena out, are just outside aberlady, and its a really nice arena, as applestroodle says ballencrief also hire their arena out, not much further from luffness, and hodges hire theirs out aswell, I believe samuleston livery hire out their indoor school

PucciNPoni

Visit site
Oh fab :)

Someoen had mentioned to me Luffness - and have got their number. Got the number for Hodges now after a bit of digging. I don't know why I hadn't thought of Cousland :rolleyes:. Hadn't heard of Balencrief or Samuleston. I think there's one in Humbie? I don't know the name of it though - anyone?

punk

Visit site
PM me - I can maybe help with our arena near Haddington - and have other contacts who could maybe help.:)