Arena hire (show jump course) report - just a bit of a proud post <3

alexomahony

Visit site
WHOOP eventually I've jumped a course again!

Sky hasn't jumped a full course since going on holiday in November! We've jumped the odd log and barrel and went XC training but haven't actually jumped a SJ'ing course with fillers in a long long time... hired our usual arena on sat morning and they had a SJ'ing course up so it'd be rude not to!

He felt great warming up - I tend to do about 15 minutes walking then move up into canter (in light seat) to get him really thinking forward and play with the gears and buttons a bit!

He was brilliant the full time - didn't look at anything, and was really up for it. It's the best feeling when they're feeling like that! See video below, I'm just really happy with him and wanted to tell you all!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

alexomahony

Visit site
Thanks all :) We certainly did enjoy ourselves! I'm not very competitive, but I'm kinda think he might fancy a trip out jumping soon haha!

J&S

Visit site
That looks like fun for you both! i love when they have that tiny moment of suspension over the jump! My NF mare used to jump like that.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
He looks great. You both look like you are having a great time. :cool:

And he's so CLEAN!!

This was Dolly this morning just as we were due to set off for a lesson.....

109327278_3200255300054529_4510035324967491152_o.jpg

alexomahony

Visit site
He looks great. You both look like you are having a great time. :cool:

And he's so CLEAN!!

This was Dolly this morning just as we were due to set off for a lesson.....

109327278_3200255300054529_4510035324967491152_o.jpg

Hahaha aw bless her!!! Oh don't be fooled by Sky's cleanliness in this video - when he's living out and the ground is dry, he tends to stay pretty clean... a few months ago I was debating on whether I could get away with selling him as a dun seen as they're fetching so much money at the moment!

Dolly looks qute apologetic in this photo though, so at least that's something? :D