Arena mirrors- pics of yours/ advice

amandaco2

Visit site
am getting some installed ( :bouncybouncy: ! ) - got enough to cover about 30metres of the arena, but am completely lost where to put them, how to mount them.
i know wood can warp them so looking at an aluminium backing...
just wondering if anyones got pics of their mirrors and how they were installed...?

abb123

Visit site
At my last yard they had them. I think a full length of a short side is really useful as you can see yourself doing laterals down long side and mediums across diagonals. just make sure that they are angled so that you can see yourself fully in them as otherwise they are useless. They had them installed in a wooden frame and I think the company they bought them off helped to put them in place.

I found them really useful and I really miss them greatly now I don't have them.

tase1965

Visit site
I dont know how to upload pictures but there are some of ours on here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mouldron-Stud-Livery/157914457591225?fref=ts

The mirrors were mounted on thick weatherproof ply (with expansion gaps) and then a frame around to hold them in place, the large posts were concreted in about 4ft into the ground... It might seem a bit of overkill but we can get strong winds and didnt want them to move! Buying the mirrors is the easy/cheap part, materials and labour made them not such a bargain..
We have some landscape and then two portraits at either side, you can pretty much see everything from any angle in the school.
Hassle and expense but so worth it! :)

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Don't whatever you do glue them to the backing boards, it makes them warp. It cost us far more to pay the builders to install them and they warped them than it would have been had we used the professional mirror people. Lesson learned.

castella

Visit site
At my new yard we have them on the outdoor across the width of a short side, the two on either end are portrait so you see the whole length of the horse as you come up the long side with the two in the middle landscape, I have been teaching my youngster legyeild and having the mirrors has been wonderful !