Arena UK Second rounds show

ljohnsonsj

Visit site
Good morning everyone!

So Gracie & I was away jumping from Wednesday- Saturday at arena UK for their second rounds show (Which I only jumped first rounds because SOMEBODY (me) got my qualifying dates wrong :p)

So we rolled up on Wednesday night and got her settled in, all fine! Her very gorgeous but very cheeky neighbour was set on eating his way through to her I think but Gracie didn't seem to mind.

Thursday it rained. It rained and rained. ALL DAY. We jumped the newcomers as our first class which wasn't a great round, we was both absolutely wet through. I had my show shirt, a jumper, my show jacket & a coat on and the rain went through the lot. It wasn't her best round but in the weather conditions I couldn't expect much more!

The afternoon we jumped the discovery, the rain had politely stopped by this time and she jumped a sweet DC for 7th place
20155627_868160426671248_8336958426365011660_n.jpg

So Friday brought slightly better weather. The classes were big and the courses was technical but very ride-able I found. We had the newcomers again this day which she absolutely flew around for a DC and 4th place, which I was over the moon with in a class of such size. She really gave me a perfect round and I found the jump off part of the two phase worked really well for her.
20245621_868570753296882_9108576283582755884_n.jpg

20156067_868570763296881_2813999016728087447_n.jpg

20139896_868568649963759_321073020168515280_n.jpg

[video=youtube;Lm_XPvx5NAA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm_XPvx5NAA[/video]

That was all we had for Friday, so Gracie had some grass and a little leg stretch in the evening and I did a bit of retail therapy!

Saturday brought us another newcomers, and once again she gave me another DC. I feel this one was a bit more twisty and found it didn't suit her as well but obviously horses for courses, she's a 6yo so it's not important that she has speed and turns yet. I was very pleasantly surprised when we also finished 13th in this!
[video=youtube;mt0paRqRIzA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt0paRqRIzA[/video]

So I put her away for an hour or so, she had a little break and some haylage. Our last class was a foxhunter, and both of ours first one. I was worried after the newcomers she felt a little tired but when I got her back out to warm up she felt good to go, I think during the time we was out for the first class it was very muggy but a nice breeze had come back just in time for the second class, She flew round the fox too- unfortunately two daft mistakes from me (Turned the wrong way in the JO then took the penultimate fence out with my foot- only me!) meant we finished on 4flts, but I was amazed by how well she jumped! I was so set on trying to give her a good ride to every fence I clearly forgot about riding basics! It's all good experience though and It puts us in good stead for our next one :)
20228530_869261606561130_6244939885757814873_n.jpg

20246045_869261623227795_2964270947732642718_n.jpg

20245898_869261626561128_47507445020993863_n.jpg

The fox video is here, please don't judge my sat nav error nor my lack of riding ability to 13. I've already beat myself up about it :p
[video=youtube;wEIDJ7xktII]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEIDJ7xktII[/video]

So we now have 6 newcomer DCs, but 4 within the qualifying period, and moving up to foxhunter was incredibly easy for her. I know I say it all the time but I really count my blessings every single day that I have owned her since she was 2.5yrs old, and we have grown and worked together every day since. She is my absolute hero,my best friend and my whole entire world!

Hope you've all had an incredible weekend! Thanks for reading xx

racebuddy

Visit site
well done , looks fab I am going to re register my horse bsja again through winter as been busy having two horses up and running , is it easy to do your registration forms ? prob will do 6 month I think ? also is it british novice first then discovery then newcomers ?

ljohnsonsj

Visit site
well done , looks fab I am going to re register my horse bsja again through winter as been busy having two horses up and running , is it easy to do your registration forms ? prob will do 6 month I think ? also is it british novice first then discovery then newcomers ?
Thanks. Re registering will be easy you can just do it online! Registering for the first time involves a bit of paper work but still easy really. Yes 6 month reg is a good option to have a go and see how you get on! Yep thats right- BN/Disco/Newcomers/Fox and all the opens inbetween!
Fab report and results! She really makes it all look so easy :), plus glad the video's are back in landscape ;).
Thankyou, she does doesn't she. I blame her for being single- I can't find a man I like half as much as I like her! Haha I cracked the whip with my papa! Got his videoing skills sorted!
Great write up - she's a cracker with a very good pop! :cool3:
Thankyou, Isnt she just! My hero!

silv

Visit site
Some great photos there, she looks to be a smart horse, you must be proud of what you have achieved so far, well done!

Bernster

Visit site
Thx for the report. Some lovely pics. She's giving some of those serious air! Sounds like a very busy few days.

ljohnsonsj

Visit site
She looks fab, well done :)
Thankyou :)

Some great photos there, she looks to be a smart horse, you must be proud of what you have achieved so far, well done!
Thankyou, I am so proud I love her. Funny as today on my facebook time hop came up she jumped her first little course 2 years ago today!

Fab report and fab horse!

Well done
Thanks so much, shes lovely :)
Thx for the report. Some lovely pics. She's giving some of those serious air! Sounds like a very busy few days.

Thankyou, she never fails to amaze me! It was busy! I crashed out on the sofa when I got in haha!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Sounds like a fantastic outing, she looks great. What are your plans with her now? To crack on with the foxhunter DCs? She certainly looks fairly comfortable at that height.

ljohnsonsj

Visit site
Lovely horse and lovely rider - well done!
Thankyou :)
Sounds like a fantastic outing, she looks great. What are your plans with her now? To crack on with the foxhunter DCs? She certainly looks fairly comfortable at that height.
Thanks! Yes continue with the foxhunter and aim to get them all for next year :) she feels like she gives you more the more you ask- she's fab!