Arena's - what would you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Tia

Visit site
I LOVE my Carharts!!! Couldn't live through a Canadian winter without them. So you look like a Michelin man too then Jade?
wink.gif

Tia

Visit site
Oh you MUST get them! Life is never the same again once you have them - they are truly, truly worth every single penny!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
for info of what you can 'do' in ours.

a one strided double with one straight stride on approach and landing. 3 fences across the middle of the school between B and E one each on the track straight then a third at angle so you jump off diagonal. You can do a 15, circle at each end just about and you can get between the fences (just!) to change rein/end of school without jumping. I admittedly before having the outdoor school to use could jump Dan who is 17h2 over all three fences as a course.

If you have a single fence in the middle you get 2 or 3 straight strides on take off and generally 2 on landing due to horse's natural desire not to run into a wall!!!

With lateral work you can do a bit but its no good for teaching lateral work only really going over what the horse already knows because as soon as you start to get a few good strides you meet the wall!

For lunging and loose schooling I really like it though and for the weeks I work late starts meaning I can't get to the yard until 7pm looseschooling and lunging are my friends
grin.gif

I made do for two years with only the indoor in winter with Dan and we were out competing 1m25s over the winter, in summer we had added bonus of hacking (rarely) and a field, but now with the larger outdoor couldn't imagine having to cope with just indoor again!

These are all taken in the indoor at my yard.

This one is a 14h pony. in the bottom corner and I have my back against the short side wall. the top corner is literally just out of shot so you have basically got a view of the full 30m length.
arthur.jpg

This photo illustrates fairly well the problem our indoor has. Because it is mainly used for lunging and loose schooling and because of the small size meaning when schooling you ride lots of 15m circles the surface does move and needs a lot of maintenance. my YO harrows it a couple times a week and once a year actually digs up the surface in areas to get it to level properlly as no amount of harrowing will help. The outdoor however where the surface is identical but lunging is banned has never had this problem (3 years old now) and a quick harrow sorts out the uneven areas from where been used for jumping.
canigotosleepnowplease.jpg

Tia

Visit site
Thank you sooo much for that!
smile.gif
Your post has been VERY very helpful to me. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain what is doable in one so small.