Argghhh pepole taking the P***

claireross

ccjack.co.uk
I'm at a diy yard and I've got 2 horses, so luckily never have the problem of my horses being left in a field on there own. Anyway we have one person, who goes mad if her horse gets left out alone, fair enough, but she doesn't bother turning up to really late some days and just expects us to bring her horse in.

The other day my friend called her to tell her her horse was out on its own and did she want it bought in and before she got to the second bit, she was screaming and shouting at her.

Today I went to get mine in and thought I ought to get him in and go to her stable to find all the rubber matting rolled up, no hay or water and a wheelbarrow and tools in there. Argghhhhh
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

So whilst I'm putting the mats down, another girl comes round the corner and said the owner had just been on the phone, she wants him put in a spare stable as she doesn't want anyone putting her mats back down. I'm so angry, there aren't any spare stables, so I ended up putting the mats down and putting him in there.

What can you do
confused.gif

We don't have any rules at our yard, but I'm of the opinion that if you know your going to be the last one to the yard and your horse can't cope with being left in a field on its own, you should make arrangement for someone else to do it for you and not expect anyone and everyone to be responsible for your horse.

Am I being unreasonable ????

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
I had the same problem at my last yard, in the end the YO said to leave the horse out on its own.
I said to the girl that I would bring her horse in for a small fee (£2) and she started coming up then and getting it in herself then !!

susanjc

www.supremehorse.co.uk
you are definately not alone...........there are plenty people out there expecting something for nothing. If she wants her horse bringing in then she should expect to pay someone to do it!

There is a horse on my yard that won't be left alone and so me or my husband bring it in every day when my old girl comes in and I charge her for it.

People should always leave their stable with at least hay and water should their horse need to come in for a reason - she should be thanking you for your help not shouting and screaming at you!!

I run a yard and this would drive me mad!!

make her pay
grin.gif

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Have a social yard evening and see if everyone can work out how to keep things happy and what help everyone needs , wants and what they can do in return.eg if she needs her horse bought in she could do poo picking or water trough cleaning .She can't expect it to be one way traffic!

D

Donkeymad

Great idea carthorse. You can't run a yard with no 'agreements' or 'rules'

TequilaMist

Visit site
No you are being totally reasonable!!
Gee every diy yard must have one!!we have only difference our one turns up 1/2 times a month!!
Meeting sounds a good idea.Hope you get it sorted .

Pedantic

Visit site
Nothing wrong with doing "each other" a favour on a mutual basis when necessary, but as you say, she is taking the piss, tell her to sort her horse out herself, if she doesn't want it left out she should get her arse down earlier or make other arrangements, it aint your responcabilty.

Thistle

Visit site
I think a rule about never leaving a horse alone is sensible, horses are herd animals.

However, the stable should always be left clean and ready and favours done in return if the same person is habitually late. Perhaps late person could do some extra jobs to make up, or a small charge should be applied if always the same person.

KrashnBurn

Visit site
We are really laid back about this kind of thing on our yard. But we are lucky in that the winter fields are about 5m away from the end of one of the stable blocks. Most owners have their stables done in the morning, ready for the evening, so it is no hassle at all to pop them in.
Even if a stable has not been mucked out etc, as long as there is water and hay it will not harm them just to stand in until their owner arrives.
I guess I am lucky to be on such a nice yard. Everyone does favours for each other, it makes the world go around a lot more pleasantly.

tabithakat64

Visit site
One of our yard rules is that one horse isn't allowed to be left out on its own, gets a bit irritating after a while when you are constantly bringing someones horse in, but I'd rather that than someones horse be injured because it tried to jump out of the field etc as it was left alone.