argh..... so fed up..........

coralwings20

Visit site
travelled to look at yet another neddie today, did my usual checks & found undisclosed sarcoids & areas that had obviously been treated so i give up now :-\ shouldve kept my wb, grass is never greener.....

coralwings20

Visit site
erm, sarcoids have been treated & i found two more the owners claimed they didnt know about & for £2200 i can get a horse without sarcoids needing expensive treatment. i would buy a horse with vices ect ect but not one that would be worthless if i had to re-sell. :)

teabiscuit

Visit site
One of the safest most fun horse I ever had the luck to own had sarcoids putasocinit, he died of old age still owned by me, and was not for sale to anyone, he was such a star.
Just saying :D

mynutmeg

Visit site
erm, sarcoids have been treated & i found two more the owners claimed they didnt know about & for £2200 i can get a horse without sarcoids needing expensive treatment. i would buy a horse with vices ect ect but not one that would be worthless if i had to re-sell. :)

I'm with you - sarcoids to me is a walk away moment. They won't ever be covered by insurance and can get very nasty and agressive - they are cancer after all

risky business

Visit site
I have to say OP I don't blame you, I wouldn't buy a horse with a known issue when there are many others that don't :)

Keep trying, I'm sure the perfect horse will come along.

sandi_84

Visit site
Aw was it that heavy cob that you showed us the other day? :(

I really feel for you because you seem to be having a bit of a time of it finding a nice honest horse to hack on but you will get there in the end :)

FWIW I probably wouldn't have bought a horse with sarcoids for that either ;)

Elsbells

Visit site
Try looking very, very local. It's amazing how so many of us look at horses miles away and then the perfect one just pops up just down the road!

Don't give up.

coralwings20

Visit site
awe thanx guys :) & no, the heavy cob wasnt the one but a different one today. just worried the heavy one will not grow into his bum :-(

Hoopsa

Visit site
Feel for you! People, quite rightly, complain about time wasters coming to see their horses but I really think advertisers are the biggest time wasters of all. I bet just about everybody on here has got all excited about a horse, gone to view it and found,like you, a disease or scars or something a hand bigger or smaller than advertised. Why can't they be honest in the ad and when you phone up?
Have you tried local channels like asking your farrier, vet, feed merchant, riding club if they know of something that is for sale? Good luck. Hope you find something soon.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I, for one, wouldn't buy a horse with sarcoids. I own a horse who developed them, they have been treated (Liverpool cream) and are presently behaving themselves, but I would not look at one with them already, especially near an eye.