Ariat boots - zip falls down

GSLS

Visit site
I've had the ariat gaiters with the ariat short boots and sold them for this reason, now I've got the ariat bromont h20 boots which were pretty darn expensive and the zip comes down whilst riding. And they're definitely not too baggy or too tight! They do up with ease. Pretty gutted as they're really comfy. Same happened with my gaiters ! Ended up having to ride with bandage tape round my legs which is not practical and made them sticky!

Does anyone else have this problem / has found a solution?

PS. had them way too long to return now! And have no proof of purchase etc.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have both gaiters and also the bromonts and can honestly say that neither have had the zips drop down, except just the once for the rh gaiter when I was doing a lot of flat work on a very stuffy pony. Never happened since tho.

both fit very closely with snug zips, both are over 3yrs old

ebonyallen

Visit site
I have not had this problem, but if I were you I would still contact them and let them know, it could be a faulty batch. I had a different pair a few years ago and the zip on those were really hard to pull up so after getting really fed up with struggling with them I contacted them and they did have a problem with the zips. It might be the same no harm in trying.

GSLS

Visit site
what if they're too old? I bought them nearly new off a friend but don't know when she bought them?
I have not had this problem, but if I were you I would still contact them and let them know, it could be a faulty batch. I had a different pair a few years ago and the zip on those were really hard to pull up so after getting really fed up with struggling with them I contacted them and they did have a problem with the zips. It might be the same no harm in trying.

GSLS

Visit site
I've had them about 6 months and they can't have been too old when I got them as they looked like they'd been worn 5 times - didn't fit my friend. Will contact Ariat. thanks.
Still worth a try, these boots are not cheap to buy so really they should last unless we are talking years and years lol they can only say no.

Fjord

Visit site
Contact Ariat and explain the problem. I had a pair of Connistons about 2 years and the zip broke, Ariat took them back and replaced them. The zip on the replacement pair started to fall down about a year later, so they replaced them again. They also replaced my Bromonts when the leather on the tongue started to peel, and replaced a jacket when the zip broke. Their customer service is excellent.

GSLS

Visit site
omg lol :O That's amazing. I've just emailed them using the contact form on their website. Is that how you did it? Thanks for your comment
Contact Ariat and explain the problem. I had a pair of Connistons about 2 years and the zip broke, Ariat took them back and replaced them. The zip on the replacement pair started to fall down about a year later, so they replaced them again. They also replaced my Bromonts when the leather on the tongue started to peel, and replaced a jacket when the zip broke. Their customer service is excellent.

Fjord

Visit site
Yup, I emailed them and politely explained the problem, telling them how much I loved the boots and asking if they could help. I think I asked if they could repair them but so far (3 pairs of boots and one jacket) everything has been replaced. It works though, I never hesitate to recommend them and my next boots will definitely be Ariat!