Ariat Bromont Calf Sizes

acorn92x

Visit site
I'm buying my Mum a pair of non insulated Bromonts for Mothers day (Between my brothers and me - I'm not that flushed!) and her calves are 14' wide however the regular fit is at 14' so I'm not sure whether to size up to a the full fitting which fits a 15' as idk whether the 15' would be too big eventually? Any experience/advice from anyone? I've got the kids ones and find them true to size so not sure what to do?

acorn92x

Visit site
Yes it does thank you! I had a feeling that adding jodhpurs which are thick anyway and possibly long socks, a regular might be a bit of a squish! Will see if anyone else has any thoughts :)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Mine are the insulated ones, but I presume they take that into account? Plus I am a foot size 7, if that affects anything as I think they are different widths for different sizes?

I would guess that generally a size 12 downwards would be a regular and 14 and up a full?

acorn92x

Visit site
My Mum is a size 5.5/6 but am going to size up to the 6 as she often wears thick socks. She's got a pair of Ariat Terrains which are a size 6 so thought I'd stick with this to be on the safe side. I've read the the insulated ones are slightly less generous in the calf as they obviously have the padding for the insulation in the boot too? This is part of the reason why I thought of the non-insulated ones as don't want to pack the calf out too much but also think on the other hand that she'd like the toastiness of the insulated ones! So many decisions lol!

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
I have 2 pairs - one insulated and one non insulated. The insulated ones are size 5.5 and fit perfectly with a medium calf. My feet are size 5.5/6 and my calves are about 14".
The non insulated ones I got in a size 6 and they are a bit too big really but I got them that size so I could wear extra socks. They do give a bit round the calf but I have never worn anymore than just a pair of breeches and tights with them on. Hope that helps a bit.

Esme

www.facebook.com
I have just had a pair of insulated, 6.5, full delivered and I can't decide if they're too wide :(

My calf measures 15 inches so I thought the 'full' width would be comfortable, but the boot does up very easily and doesn't feel as snug as I was expecting it to. I think with some wear and stretching they may be too big. Anyone else with experience of this? Looking at the size chart, the 'regular' width looks far too narrow but I might give it a go?

Thanks in advance!

oldie48

Visit site
I was looking for a pair of brown non insulated but now know that they have been discontinued. There are a few black ones available (discounted) on the internet but I think you'll need to be quick to get what you want. I am just slightly less than 14 inches calf and would definitely go for the regular, the wide will be too big. If they are a bit tight just wear them round the house over socks and they will give, if they are too high, wear the heel lifts until they drop down a bit. I'm really cross they have discontinued them!

Esme

www.facebook.com
I've bitten the bullet (sorry credit card) and ordered the regular width to try too. Was also panicking about them being discontinued and not being able to find what I was after! I wonder if they're bringing out a newer version or if they're gone completely?

Not sure what size you're after Oldie48, but there's a brown non-insulated pair in 5.5 on eBay at the minute?

AandK

Visit site
IMO tall boots need to be rather tight when you first get them otherwise they will drop too much and sag once the leather stetches after a while. If yours are easy to do up first time then I would say that they are too big.

oldie48

Visit site
Thanks I spent time last week trying to find a 5 regular in brown and failed, went to Blenheim found out they were discontinued so bought a pair of Tredstep Donatello instead. Today I noticed that one of the companies has a huge range of sizes in brown!! So annoying but they do the donatello in extra slim which I think in a non insulated boot will be better for me, but of course, I'll never know!
I've bitten the bullet (sorry credit card) and ordered the regular width to try too. Was also panicking about them being discontinued and not being able to find what I was after! I wonder if they're bringing out a newer version or if they're gone completely?

Not sure what size you're after Oldie48, but there's a brown non-insulated pair in 5.5 on eBay at the minute?

mega spoilt ponies

Visit site
i have bromonts in a 5.5. im technically a 6 but if i get the 6 it makes the legs too wide (reg width). the 5.5 reg are also a bit big - my legs measure about 13.5.
ive now got volants in 5.5 slim leg snd they are perfect ☺️

Esme

www.facebook.com
The regular fit have just arrived, and as feared, I think they might be too tight! I can get them done up with some leg squishing/heave ho-ing but I'm worried the zip won't last if I have to do that every time. So I've got a wide pair that do up easily and will be too big if they drop or stretch, and a regular pair that I have to fight my way into...

How much do they really stretch guys? :(

oldie48

Visit site
My tredstep donatello are extremely tight on my left leg but I am wearing every day in the house and I can tell they are very slightly less tight at day 3. My ariat boots have definitely stretched quite a lot and when I first got them I had to put two heel lifts in them to ride or they cut the back of my knee but now I don't. TBH I'd rather struggle until they have softened and stretched than have them too baggy but it's a personal choice. The other thing that you could do is go for a different style that has more calf size options which all the newer boots do.
The regular fit have just arrived, and as feared, I think they might be too tight! I can get them done up with some leg squishing/heave ho-ing but I'm worried the zip won't last if I have to do that every time. So I've got a wide pair that do up easily and will be too big if they drop or stretch, and a regular pair that I have to fight my way into...

How much do they really stretch guys? :(

Esme

www.facebook.com
My tredstep donatello are extremely tight on my left leg but I am wearing every day in the house and I can tell they are very slightly less tight at day 3. My ariat boots have definitely stretched quite a lot and when I first got them I had to put two heel lifts in them to ride or they cut the back of my knee but now I don't. TBH I'd rather struggle until they have softened and stretched than have them too baggy but it's a personal choice. The other thing that you could do is go for a different style that has more calf size options which all the newer boots do.

Thanks for replying again! I think you've convinced me. I've had them on at my desk for a couple of hours now and they aren't uncomfortable, just tricky to do up in the first place! I'm totally in love so shouldn't be a hardship to wear them around the house a bit :). Hope you're enjoying your Donatellos!

oldie48

Visit site
Good luck, I hope they stretch enough to be comfortable, there's 3/4" difference in my calves as a result of an accident and 5 months in plaster so I find it really tricky to get a decent fit. I can't just wear a really think sock either as my heel area is very thickened. Really I should bite the bullet and have them made to measure.

ihatework

Visit site
I have very fat calfs, most off the shelf boots don't fit me.
The bromont insulated wide don't fit, but the non insulated wide do (just).
There is a fair amount of stretch/give in them.
FWIW if buying non insulated for a 14" calf I would go standard fit