Ariat Bromont or brogini laced riding boots?

appaloosacaz

Visit site
My heart has always been set on buying a pair of Ariat Bromont boots, however, now its come to reality, I'm not sure about them, due to the way they seem to "sag" or fold in the middle when riding in them, However I have been suggested looking at Brogini laced riding boots which are cheaper, however I have no idea how my leg size will be in either boot, I'm pretty short 5'2" I'd like to know peoples opinions on each boot, which one has the better zip also??

Thank you!!

KatB

Visit site
I've got Broginis and love them. They are smarter than the wrists due to their more streamlined shape around the ankles, and are well made. However, I went for the more expensive ones, not the "budget" Broginis.

TommyAtkins1

Visit site
I have a pair on Ariat Bromonts, zip broke after two years, I contacted Ariat and they sent on a Zip :) as they do not repair them selves. The zip was from a completely different boot :confused:. I bought Brogini as a replacment, what a waste of money. The leather is very very thin. After an hrs riding my legs would hurt from the stirrup leathers. I bought both pairs for excercising and really I wasted of money as they didnt last. I had the same zip problem with Mountain Horse high rider boots before that. Best boots on the market are regent or that type of non zip, I had a pair for 18 yrs and I passed them on to someone else after that. I have a pair of deniro's with hunter tops without laces, (5yrs) and there still like first day I got them. I wear those hunting so they get rough treatment. I bought a pair of Deniro field boots last month through the Brogini site, 150 stg on sale offer boots, These are same price as Brogini and the Deniro Quality is outstanding. If they have a pair in your size on sale buy them or wait until they come up. So i'd go traditional non zip or Deniro's. You'll save by investing wisely

Mbronze

www.cheshirehorsetaxi.weebly.com
I have a pair of the Brogini's and am only 5'4, I think the leg length is slightly long for me but I can ride in them comfortably. I don't find the zip a problem on these, but I did have a pair before when the zip bust, took them back to the shop as they were weeks old and got a new pair :)

Sol

Visit site
I've had two pairs of the 'cheap' broginis & love them :) My first pair lasted very well considering how I treated them - I did muck out/wade around in mud/the 'pond' by the muckheap in them... and not clean them much! though I mostly keep my new pair for competitions/lessons/summer so I can hopefully make them last longer & because I thought it might be smart to use boots more suited to wading for winter ;) I don't like the way the ariats sag & crease, and the leather might be very soft but I don't think they look very smart generally.

little_flea

Visit site
I'm on my second pair of Ariat Bromonts and I love them, I wear them all day long, they are really warm, I wade through mud and water and I don't look after them at all and my last pair withstood this abuse for years. I wouldn't say they are smart enough for competition, I have a nice pair of De Niros for that, but as everyday boots they are great.

ellie11987

Visit site
I love my Bromonts, as everyday riding boot they are perfect. But I'm 5'8 and had to have risers in for a while until they gave a bit as they were too long so might struggle being 5'2

angelish

Visit site
after missing out for years because i like a plain boot not a field boot i bought some bromont's a couple of months ago to replace some mountain horse boots for using everyday
they are so comfortable iv'e not taken them off and they got promoted to comp boots because they are also so warm , i wish i'd bought them years ago :)

pootleperkin

Visit site
I don't think the ariats wear well for the money. I sent my first pair back after six months as the leather on the toes was worn and they looked like much older boots. They sent me a new pair - great customer service btw, can't fault it - and after six months, I just noticed that the rubberised expansion section at the back is tearing away from its stitching - again not good - you expect boots at this price to be tougher.

I bought some de niros in the brogini sale too, and they are fab. Quality of the leather is awesome, but they are too nice to do yard work in......