Ariat Complaints?

atropa

Visit site
Hi all, wondering if anyone has ever gone through similar... I bought a pair of Ariat Grasmere boots last year at HOYS, and they have had medium use since then with yard work and riding. So far they haven't had to go through puddles or much mud as last year i was at a smart full livery yard.

Recently with the cooler weather coming in, I have noticed that they are definitely not waterproof :( When I've been walking through fields of wet grass, I end up with cold soaked toes by the end of it. There are no holes visible in the boots, and as I say they're not exactly being put through very hard wear at the minute. I'm really disappointed that they haven't even lasted a year at that price.

Ha a anyone else ever experienced the same and went to Ariat customer service about it? Previous posts seem to suggest that their customer service is quite good. If so, did you phone or email them? I'm not sure if the receipt for them is still around as they were actually a present from my parents, although I may be able to get bank statements to prove when they were purchased.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Not quite the same but the inside calf on a pair of Ariat long boots had all the colour rub off (went from black to grey) within 3 months and within 6 months the leather had gone so thin I was considering have a cobbler patch them.
My lower leg isn't perfect but it isn't bad enough to have caused that! I was riding one horse 5x a week.
Ariat weren't interested and told me that it 'was to be expected' as the boots are made with soft leather(?!). I don't really think that's acceptable for a pair of £300+ boots. I've still got them and still ride in them but they look horrendous and have now worn fully through on one calf. I'll have them patched and keep them for riding at home.

I won't buy Ariats again, which is a shame as they're the only off-the-shelf brand that do a height/width combo that fits my stupid legs.

AppyLover

Visit site
I complained to them as I bought 2 pairs of boot in May and now both are pretty much unwearable as the lining isn’t attached to the sole anymore which started after a few weeks of light wear in both. They pretty much told me you didn’t buy them directly from our website tough luck we aren’t going to do anytbjng about it, it surprised me alittle as I’d always herd brillaint things about their customer service.

atropa

Visit site
Not quite the same but the inside calf on a pair of Ariat long boots had all the colour rub off (went from black to grey) within 3 months and within 6 months the leather had gone so thin I was considering have a cobbler patch them.
My lower leg isn't perfect but it isn't bad enough to have caused that! I was riding one horse 5x a week.
Ariat weren't interested and told me that it 'was to be expected' as the boots are made with soft leather(?!). I don't really think that's acceptable for a pair of £300+ boots. I've still got them and still ride in them but they look horrendous and have now worn fully through on one calf. I'll have them patched and keep them for riding at home.

I won't buy Ariats again, which is a shame as they're the only off-the-shelf brand that do a height/width combo that fits my stupid legs.

Sorry to hear that :\ I'm so disappointed, the whole point of getting the more expensive pair was hoping they would last longer than a £100 pair of Toggis. How did you get in touch with Ariat?

EllenJay

Visit site
I complained to them as I bought 2 pairs of boot in May and now both are pretty much unwearable as the lining isn’t attached to the sole anymore which started after a few weeks of light wear in both. They pretty much told me you didn’t buy them directly from our website tough luck we aren’t going to do anytbjng about it, it surprised me alittle as I’d always herd brillaint things about their customer service.

This is a standard response - if you brought goods from a third party, your contract is with the retailer not the manufacturer, and therefore you need to go back to the company you purchased the goods from.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Sorry to hear that :\ I'm so disappointed, the whole point of getting the more expensive pair was hoping they would last longer than a £100 pair of Toggis. How did you get in touch with Ariat?

I bought mine from the Ariat stand at an event a few years ago but wasn't 100% sure if I'd purchased them through a retailer or Ariat directly (long story). I just messaged Ariat on Facebook explaining the situation but they were incredibly unhelpful!
You'll have to go back to whoever you purchased the boots from and deal with them. I hope you have a better outcome than I did.

If you want very good winter yard boots the Noble Outfitters ones (Stay Cool, I think) are amazing, very hard wearing, and comfy. You can't really ride in them though.

BlackRider

Visit site
I've given up buying Ariat footwear as they pretty much feel apart after about 6 months of wear (not worn 8 hours a day!), started buying Premier Equine boots instead, they last 4 - 6 months at a fraction of the price and fit well out of the box.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
I brought a pair of connistons from a local tack shop. Within a year a bit of the leather had gone brittle bit the rest remained soft.
The tack shop sent pictures to ariat and they could tell i had looked after them not mucked out in them etc and i got a new pair free of charge

Doublethyme

Visit site
In my experience Ariat Customer Service is 2nd to none so if you have a valid complaint they will deal with it in a really hassle free prompt way. I have had two pairs of Wellies replaced and recently a pair of Grasemere that were different colours but the appalling Derby House Saddlery wouldn't take back as I had not noticed the colour change till I wore them outside! Derby House were rubbish, so I contacted Ariat directly and they arranged a courier to pick the boots up, inspected them, agreed they were defective and sent me a new pair FOC

pixie27

Visit site
Their customer service is excellent. I had a pair of Grasmeres for Xmas in 2014 and by last summer they were close to death. One of the lace eyelet things snapped off so I couldn't tie them up properly. I emailed Ariat not really expecting much of a reply as I'd got them SO long ago and didn't have a receipt. They sent me a postage label to send them back, and they repaired them free of charge. The email I used was info.ae@ariat.com

mandyroberts

Visit site
My friend complained about zip failure on Ariat paddock boots twice and they were replaced immediately. She had the receipt and went through the retailer. You must go back to where the items were bought and I would say you do need the receipt

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Fab customer service but always done through the retailer where appropriate who then ask artist.

Dealt with direct when I returned a black pair of derwents bought cheap from equestrian clearance as they were just sinking after a few months as too soft. They sent me a brown pair which I sold for a profit on eBay and put towards some grasmeres instead which have been fab.

Also bought a pair of last seasons tellurides from naylors who had them back and referred to ariat. Were bought for summer so only one pair of socks worn, somehow my short chubby with little toenails big toes rubbed holes in the linings above my toes. They agreed it was bizarr and sent me a new season pair to replace.

Also had some beige lightweight gloves which compared to the black lost their grip material, terribly all three pairs refunded (they were Eq clearance too)

scats

Visit site
They replaced a pair of wellies I had bought at YHL. Within 6 months they had split on the top/side. They replaced them without me even being able to provide a receipt. Unfortunately the replacements have split in the same place...

Kat

Visit site
What have you used to clean the boots? Ariat use a goretex liner and that can be ruined by certain cleaning products, you can improve the waterproof properties by cleaning them in the right way. Have a google there will be some really good explanations on hiking/climbing sites. Nikwax products are good for goretex.

claret09

Visit site
I have complained to ariat about a pair of yard boots I bought in November. the first time I had bought one of their products - I decided to treat myself to some "better" boots as my dad had died and left me some money. By july they had both cracked and split in the same place. I have had contact with ariat and am waiting to see what they say. I am really disappointed because I hoped that by spending more money I would end up with something which would last longer. Ariat have so far been very prompt in responding to my complain but have not yet had a resolution offered.

atropa

Visit site
They haven't really needed cleaning as they've had so little use! The odd time they've been a bit mucky I've brushed off with a soft brush and cloth. They have been treated twice with Nikwax products, hasn't made a difference.
Thanks all, I will try getting in contact both with the retailer and Ariat direct.

atropa

Visit site
Update: my lovely mum still has the retailer receipt so I will be going through them to hopefully try and get it sorted, fingers crossed. Thanks for all your help.

dibbin

Visit site
The sole came away from one of my Grasmeres when they were less than a year old. I'd bought them from Derby House but Ariat couldn't have been more helpful. They sent me a postage label and repaired the boot free of charge, and gave me leather cleaner and conditioner when they sent them back. That repair's held up for 6 years so far with absolutely no leaks. I've stood calf-deep in Loch Ness and stayed dry.

Sounds like you might have got a faulty pair OP.

milliepup

Visit site
Wouldn’t buy again! Had first pair for 6 yrs and were brilliant. Bought same again and lining went within 6 months. The lady in their customer service was so rude and told me I should of bought a bigger size! Boots looked like new apart from lining and after repeated backwards and forwards with photos and sending them back got no where.

atropa

Visit site
Hi all, another update!

I contacted the company I bought the boots from with photos of the general condition of them, receipt, label inside boot, and the boots after standing them in a shallow bowl of water for 10 minutes plus the visible 'tidemarks' left behind after they dried.

Within two days of sending the photos, Ariat have got back to the company agreeing to replace my boots with new ones. I'm very thankful to Ayr Equestrian for helping me sort this out and also very glad to hopefully be having a new pair of waterproof boots for the winter without having to shell out another £100 on a cheaper pair.

Thanks so much for all your help.