Ariat Grasmere Boots

sally2008

Visit site
Can anyone give me their opinion on these please? I love the look of them and my man has very kindly offered to buy them for me
smile.gif
but I don't know anyone who can recommend them or not.

k9h

Visit site
Saw someone out hunting in them last week & they did not look good had collapsed around ankle & looked very limp? Think they would be fine off horse but don't think they are designed for riding in not enough support in the boot?? Though I have never tried them on so couldn't personnal say but wouldn't like you to pay out all that money & them have them go soggy. Like I say off horse would probabley keep there shape fine. Sorry to be negative.

ihatework

Visit site
i think they are more of a general boot than a riding boot, but i love the look of them and IMO far more classy than durburrys which have now become a bit chavvy
blush.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i think they are more of a general boot than a riding boot, but i love the look of them and IMO far more classy than durburrys which have now become a bit chavvy
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Esp. worn with a mini skirt and pink fluffy socks rolled over the top eh!!

druid

Visit site
I've seen them lookign a bit limp around the ankle too on the few people who I've seen them on. They seem to drop a good few inches in height. Personally I'd be getting the new style Dubarry boots due out next month
wink.gif

lillie07

Visit site
I have them and LOVE them!!! They are sooo comfy. The only thing I have found is that they arnt very supportive to ride in. I have never found they slouch at the ankles and I have had mine nearly a year. Hope that helps.

lillie07

Visit site
I have to agree with Ben_and_Jeerys that the Dubarrys are becoming a bit chavvy... you cant go anywhere without seeing 100 pairs plus another 200 fakes!!!!

druid

Visit site
Noooo, pics etc. won't come out until next month. Only know as they had stuff up in thier factory shop about new ranges!!

lillie07

Visit site
If it makes you feel better I have actually only ever seen 2 people wearing the Grasmeres and both of them said how much they loved them. People are always commenting on mine saying how nice they are.

Nickymac

Visit site
I've got the Ariat Glacier Tall, which are very similar to the Grasmere but black, and I love them. They're really snug and great for walking courses in. I haven't ridden in mine but I would think if you tightened the laces up enough they'd be ok.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Esp. worn with a mini skirt and pink fluffy socks rolled over the top eh!!

[/ QUOTE ] That's just great innit! What am I going to wear now?!?
mad.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry hun - but we were falling over ourselves laughing at this one girl (or was it 2, or 3 or 4 or 10) at Burghley who were dressed like that.....