Ariat Grasmere Boots

Cheiro1

Visit site
I love mine, only boots I have found which keep my feet warm!!

I do need to reseal mine as the rubber is coming away from the edges of the boots, but that is after 2 years of hard work so not bad :)

sonjafoers

Visit site
Amazing boots, I've had many a pair of leather 'yard' boot and these are the best by far. They stayed waterproof for a couple of years which beats any other boot I've had as I'm really hard on them ( my last pair of Dubarrys lasted 2 weeks ) and they are comfortable to ride in, walk the dog in etc.

Doing up the laces every time can be a pain & the laces are long so I cut mine down and put toggles on them but they are worth every penny. I wish I put them on my xmas list this year but stupidly I didn't, I will be looking in the sales afterwards though as they really can't be beaten.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Pro's? Everything
Cons, nothing

Love mine, only use them from Oct to March/April and i do clean them every couple of weeks, and store them with trees over the summer. Always use the long shoe horn to put themon and a boot jack to take them off, 4 yrs on they are used but linings etc all in good nick
Best boots for winter i have ever had :)

FfionWinnie

Visit site
You must use a boot horn to put them on or they will be ruined and apparently it invalidates the guarantee. I have Dubarry boots too and I prefer them because you can get them on and off easily. With grassmeres unless you are happy to wreck them, you can't take them off unless you've got a boot horn with you (!) to out them on again. It amazing how annoying this is, hence, I got my Dubarrys and hardly wear the grassmeres now.

Allover

Visit site
Great boots - I wouldn't be without a pair for all the reasons stated above.

Out of curiosity, why do you use a shoe horn to put them on. I have been wearing them for years and have never heard of it before. Never use a boot pull either and have never had a problem.

Geek

Visit site
When I was working with horses 24/7 these boots were a godsend. As I'm only doing my own horses now I'm not sure I could warrant the price tag but they have survived well and are still waterproof despite a hammering at the start. I have always used a shoe horn and boot jack with them but if I needed to I could do without but it's not worth the risk of damaging them to me.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
You must use a boot horn to put them on or they will be ruined and apparently it invalidates the guarantee. I have Dubarry boots too and I prefer them because you can get them on and off easily. With grassmeres unless you are happy to wreck them, you can't take them off unless you've got a boot horn with you (!) to out them on again. It amazing how annoying this is, hence, I got my Dubarrys and hardly wear the grassmeres now.

I love mine and on third winter warm and no leaks would definitely buy again. The biggest pain is getting them on and off due to the laces and I need a boot horn to get mine on without pulling the lining down in the ankle area. I keep a boot horn at home and one in my car boot. I think it must depend on the shape of your foot / heel as to whether you can put them on without one. If I've mislaid a horn I either don't put them on or I struggle especially with my right foot to get it in. However I love the close ankle fit for support and riding.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
Iv just had my ariat training, the boot pull must be used to put the boots on else you run the risk of the lining splitting on the ankle area inside so will invalidate the warranty as somebody else said and they know by looking at the boots if its been used. Personally I don't like the grassmere but now we stock ariat I am shocked by the mark up, its criminal it really is and if I told u what the shops buy them in for there would be outrage but companies have to stick within ariats price guide.

Under-the-radar

Visit site
I've had my grasmeres over 3 years, worn daily and they are still fab. I don't use a boot jack to put them on, but I have had no problems with the ankles or lining on them. Equally I do have very skinny feet and ankles, so maybe that has an effect on the outcome?

My boots still look (almost) good as new after a bit of a clean up, but then I do always look after them, clean regularly and use a good quality leather treatment on them.

thatsmygirl - I'm very pleased for you that you now stock the ariat range, but I think your post would have been more constructive by leaving it at the fact that you don't like the grasmere's. If you don't like the way that Ariat do business, don't stock the products. Simples :). Mark up is there to ensure that it is viable for retailers to carry a line of products. Without a good mark up, many businesses would refuse to hold the products in stock.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
All equestrian items have a large mark up- we know that!

I bought mine over the summer and love them. I actually find them harder to get on with the shoe horn, all the angles end up wrong/I can't get it to the bottom. Ariat took my derwents back after nearly 6 months without quibble due to their collapsing nature :p. So am not too worried on that front anyway and essentially the fit is far superior to anything else I tried on that was comparable. A few people on here do like their conistons too which have a zip up back so perhaps fewer issues with the 'sock' and still adjustable but more complicated laces. I like the laces on my grasmeres it means if I add thermals/large socks they still fit well.

BSL

Visit site
Off to get my third pair Sunday. I am terrible with mine very rarely clean them, wear them everyday for yard, riding and walking dogs, mine normally last about 18 months then heels start to go and leather starts to crack, not be as waterproof, but as I say I am terrible at taking care or them, so I "reap what I sew". I have decided the new ones are going to be treated with a bit more love. I have got spoilt as I have got older and take things for granted. If I had been given a pair of Grasmeres as a teenager, they would have been loved and cherished eveyday. Wonderful boots.

BSL

Visit site
I change may laces, so just have one long pair from bottom to top, that works fine for me, without too much faffing about, I do have skinny legs:)

naza

Visit site
Ah just seen this thread! And how they're not on offer, do they generally go on offer in Christmas sales? Would them for under £200!

Dipsy83

Visit site
So I now have a lovely shiny new pair of Grasmeres which fit really nicely and feel very comfortable.

How do you all care for yours?? What do you use to clean them? What do I need to do to keep them in tip top condition?

Thanks in advance

I just rinse mine off and then treat with Dubbin, had them 11 months still waterproof and no cracks (touch wood) so must be doing something right