Ariat MudBusters

Gentle_Warrior

Visit site
have decided on the above as a sensible replacement of my current falling apart dublins. What are the sizing like ? I have slim calves, am normally a size 5 but tempted with a 5.5. for thick socks in the winter ?

Thanks

ilovequeenbee

Visit site
Sizing wise would say they are pretty accurate if not a bit on the large size. I'm a size 8.5 and the 8.5 fits with thick socks :)
Word of warning though .. They do split pretty easily. Although ariat have replaced my original pair twice so really good customer service but I'm not sure I would go out and buy them again.

FFAQ

Visit site
Sizing wise would say they are pretty accurate if not a bit on the large size. I'm a size 8.5 and the 8.5 fits with thick socks :)
Word of warning though .. They do split pretty easily. Although ariat have replaced my original pair twice so really good customer service but I'm not sure I would go out and buy them again.

I agree. If I had £80 to spare every 3 months I would buy Ariat Mud Busters as they are the comfiest, warmest wellies I've ever had, but I went through 2 pairs in 6 months, and my friend went through 4 pairs in 12 months. As ilovequeenbee says, Ariat will replace them (3 times as my friend found out), I guess their replacement policy has a limit!

Gentle_Warrior

Visit site
Thank you, to be honest as long as they keep me dry this winter I will be a happy bunny (lots of mud!!), I dont get on with hunters, dublin river boots cant take the heat (although I love them), dont get on with cheaper wellies.

Am stuck no matter what I do

Gentle_Warrior

Visit site
Sizes come up about half size too big, but comfiest warmest boots ever, just had mine replaced with no quibble from ariat.

how long did they last ? the feedback with regards to replacing them from ariat is making up for the reviews of them splitting to be honest !

Umbongo

Visit site
Very comfy, sizing is half a size too big. Quite heavy for wellies, and are quite wide around the calf (mine are anyway!).

Re: regards to how long they last.....I bought mine January 2012 and they are still going strong!

Last edited:

hannahlow

Visit site
With regards to the sizing, I am normally a size 4 and brought a 3.5 as they do come up big! They are heavy but so comfy and keep your feet nice and warm without being too warm! I have slim calves and they fit nicely and not too bad to ride in either :) Mine have lasted over a year now and had no problems! I would defo recommend them :)

Gentle_Warrior

Visit site
brilliant, 2 good reviews !! I am sold - off to order. Will go with normal size I am (5) and know I can wear thick socks when proper cold thank you all

Thanks Guys

PStarfish

Visit site
I loved mine. Fetch in pony from clay mud, hose down and jump on to ride. They were warm and comfortable and supportive around the calf. You note however the use of the word 'were'. My first pair lasted 3 months. Ariat replaced. The second pair did a little better at 4 months. I didn't bother replacing them and instead just keep as a spare pair of riding boots at the yard.
I wonder if they last better as you only use them as wellies, not to ride in as well?

w1bbler

Visit site
My aigle wellies are going strong after 3 years. I ride, walk the dog & yard duties in them. Sole is looking a bit worn, but no splits, completely waterproof still.
I rinse them every day after horses as horse pee & rubber are not a good mix.