Ariat paddock boots - do any other brands compare?

Blossom117

New User
Visit site
My trusty Ariat pro paddock boots have finally given up after 3 years of heavy abuse. I was hoping to get another pair in the January sales but none in my size and colour seem to have made it to sales. Before I splurge out on Ariats at full price are there any other makes that compare in quality, comfort and sturdiness? They must come in brown and have a very robust zip (or just laces) and be smart enough to wear to clinics etc with leather gaiters.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
Only three years?

I've been abusing my Regent jod boots for at least 6yrs in mud and water... and they still look good after a polish... and they don't leak. Not sure they make any with zips or laces anymore though.

Scarlett

Visit site
Tonics.

The company was set up by an ex-Ariat person. The paddock boots are incredibly comfortable and mine have worn really well even though that have been worn a lot and in all weathers/conditions and with very little care. They are neat and stylish, have a good feel in the stirrup and there's nice chaps to match if required. I love mine. Have 2 pairs of paddock boots now and plan to replace my Ariat long boots with the Tonics ones.