Ariat Paddock Boots

Foxterrierist

Visit site
Hi, not sure if this is in the right section or not.

I treated myself to a new pair of boots, Ariat heritage with the zip at the front and am breaking them in at moment.

Has anyone else had these? They seem really uncomfortable and I'm just wondering whether they'll get better with more wear? I got them as they seemed better quality than the others. They dig into my calves as they come up really high on me. Hope I've not wasted money.....

Dyllymoo

Visit site
I bought these about 3 months ago, and wore them once (to work in an office) and they have now become very expensive door stops for our bedroom door... OH is not amused! I have found them really uncomfy :(

chaps89

Visit site
I've had 2 pairs of Ariats now (1 paddock boots,1 long boots)
Both were hideously uncomfortable (like the most uncomfortable boots I've ever put on) but were broken in quicker than other boots I've had, and once broken in are the MOST comfortable boots ever.

I have a different brand currently as I couldn't afford the Ariat price tag last time around and they're just not the same. So it's worth persevering in my view.

Tarragon

Visit site
The perils of buying on-line I assume.
I have the ariat endurance style (telluride?) zip ones. I wore my first pair solidly for 2 years (the only riding boots i used and I ride daily) and just bought my second pair. I really like them.

dixie

Visit site
I have two different pairs of short Ariat boots and both are really comfortable.
One pair must be around 5yrs old and are my show boots.
The other have steel toe caps which I bought over lockdown and whilst needed a little break in are fine now.
I have long legs though, so the tall style suits me.

View

Visit site
I've had a pair of Ariat zipped paddock boots since 2016, and always found them really comfortable. I wear them when riding or teaching in the summer, and with gaiters in the winter when my arthritic ankle needs some more help.

Griffin

Visit site
I wear Ariats (including the paddock boots), they are my one extravagance in life.

I find them pretty comfortable from the start but I always give them a couple of coatings of Neatsfoot oil to soften them up before wearing. To be honest, I put Neatsfoot on most footwear before wearing because I have really bony heels that only have to look at hard leather to blister.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I love the paddock boots .I prefer the water resistant ones to the heritage. I use the heritage have as my winter shopping boots .
I have never had a pair that where not comfy from the first wear .

IrishMilo

Visit site
I've had four or five pairs and have never found them anything near to uncomfortable, Broginis on the other hand...

wispagold

Visit site
I have a pair of ariat coniston pro gtx they are the most comfortable boots I've ever had and have been from the minute I put them on.

Steerpike

Visit site
I have a pair of ariat zip up paddock boots and find the soles feel really thin, I hardly use them now they are gathering dust in the Tack room.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Embarrassingly I have a rather big ariat collection for all weathers and uses, inc office.
All have been comfortable from day 1, with the exception of Bromonts, which are fine in the foot but need a bit of stretching about 2 inches before the top of the zip to be really good from day one. Usually a couple of weeks sorts that out :)

taraj

Visit site
I have had/do have various ariat boots that have always been comfy but the newest pair of paddock boots i am finding a nightmare to break in, have had them since Xmas but still wear my old ones with holes in the sides due to new ones giving me blisters.

Ceifer

Visit site
I have had/do have various ariat boots that have always been comfy but the newest pair of paddock boots i am finding a nightmare to break in, have had them since Xmas but still wear my old ones with holes in the sides due to new ones giving me blisters.
I’ve also had this with my recent ones. Had ariat paddock boots for years and never a problem. Latest pair rubbed my heels to blisters ☹️

taraj

Visit site
I’ve also had this with my recent ones. Had ariat paddock boots for years and never a problem. Latest pair rubbed my heels to blisters ☹️
Wonder if it's a bad batch? Sized slightly differently? I have never had an issue before.
Getting away with holey boots at the mo but need to break in the others before winter!

Ceifer

Visit site
Wonder if it's a bad batch? Sized slightly differently? I have never had an issue before.
Getting away with holey boots at the mo but need to break in the others before winter!
Maybe it is a bad batch. I do think they’ve gone downhill with the quality also. I purchased the more expensive ones with the cushioned insoles and expected the Normal brogue accented detail. What turned up was plain and a bit cheap looking. I think I’ll try again the break them In once my blisters have healed but look for alternatives if they don’t work out.

Kat

Visit site
I have 4 pairs ? of Ariat short boots and they vary.

My Ariat terrain boots are honestly the most comfy pair of boots/shoes I have ever owned. They took no breaking in, are warm in winter but not hot in summer. They were never 100% waterproof but they weren't sold as such and they were fine as long as not soaked. I have worn them daily for 3 or 4 years. They now have holes in them but I can't bear to throw them away!

I have a newer pair that I wear as casual trainers/walking boots. They are also very comfy straight from the box.

Then I have a pair of lace up smart paddock boots. They have taken quite a lot of breaking in, I was disappointed at one time but they are now comfy, but still look smart. I did really need to be able to loosen/tighten the laces, I don't think I would like the zip version.

I do have one pair of zip short boots, the volent ones, they are a bit ugly but nice and soft and comfy to wear. However when I first had them the zip was a bit tight and now I find my heel slips a bit so I wouldn't want to walk miles in them as they would rub.

So long story short. Ariat boots are great, the soft ones don't need breaking in but the smarter stiffer ones do. Avoid zips they don't give you the flexibility and adjustability to make them really comfy.

*** I never pay full price, I buy them when they come up on sale or even as nearly new on ebay.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I’ve got tellurides, Grassmeres and Devon Pros. All are comfortable. Never had the heritage as wanted more cushioning. Only problem I’ve had were with the Windermere’s where the lining came away from the heel and I couldn’t get them off. Happened to two pairs the second much worse and I had to cut them off.

pansymouse

Visit site
My feet are Ariat shaped and find their footwear very comfortable (I have 3 pats of clogs, tall boots and short boots) however I can't get on at all with their chaps - they are properly uncomfortable.

Otherwise

Visit site
I've got a new pair of Heritage IV lace up paddock boots to replace a pair of what I think were cobalt performers that my puppy has eaten. I had to check they were actually leather as they feel very cheap and plasticy compared to my old ones. My old ones were fab, I don't remember them being uncomfortable to break in and I could walk in them for hours. The new ones my heels slip a bit in, they haven’t rubbed yet but that was never something I thought would happen with the other pair. I also don't think they're going to stand up to the heavy everyday use my old ones did. If I hadn't got my new ones half price I'd be seriously disappointed and would have sent them back, the quality has seriously nosedived.

Fransurrey

Visit site
The perils of buying on-line I assume.
I have the ariat endurance style (telluride?) zip ones. I wore my first pair solidly for 2 years (the only riding boots i used and I ride daily) and just bought my second pair. I really like them.
I have these. They're now 4 years old and I've just about worn out my second set of insoles. They are starting to disintegrate though (I've lived in them pretty much!), so plan to buy more this Autumn. They're the Telluride H2O.