Ariat telluride

Visit site
Sorry if I have posted in the wrong place, I’m not sure where to post this!

I am looking for peoples opinions on the ariat telluride lace up and zip boots. I love ariat for comfort in their riding boots so I thought I might invest in a pair of telluride for hiking but I haven’t heard of many people wearing them and wondered if anyone on here has and if they would recommend them for that? I have plantar fasciitis and ariat jodhpurs boots are unbelievably comfortable so I hoped this would translate to telluride. Thanks in advance

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
I can’t remember if mine are tellurides or terrain pros but I love them. I have them primarily for multi-day trail rides and have ridden in them for 8 hour days in all sorts of stirrups, hiked in them and I generally clean them and wear them to travel in too. They are very versatile and comfy and last well in my experience. I have wide, flat feet and they work well for me.

twobearsarthur

Visit site
Love them. I have the zip up ones. Im loyal to Ariat for my boots, can’t remember last time I had a different brand. I have plantar fasciitis too and they’re the only brand I’m confident will be comfortable and last me an age.

silv

Visit site
I have worn Ariats for the past 20 years and love them. Long days in the saddle, around the property, dog walking, shopping etc etc, my long leather boots for dressage are Ariats too. Never need broken in to wear. Have put many of my friends onto them too.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have both. I lean towards the zip ones as easier to drag on and off if in a hurry. Both stand up well tho when aging they can crack (like many others) by the ball of foot enough to leak slightly, but this is well down the line.
I've used mine for dog walking and riding and general yard stuff. New pairs get kept back for holiday walking but haven't used them for major mileage (like a day hike as I cant do that any more) tho v comfortable to put on 1st thing and stay in them all day.
Under very hard use they last me about 2 years a pair if not longer. I do treat and clean them weekly tho.

phizz4

Visit site
I have the lace up versions. They are very comfortable, due to the lining as much as anything else. I too find all Ariats very comfortable (I ride in Devon Pros). They are, for me, very warm, too warm to wear in the summer due to the waterproof lining. Be aware that the sole is not a 'hiking'sole in the sense of having deep treads, it is quite a smooth sole designed not to catch on the stirrup tread. Works ok on flattish ground, parks, canal tow paths but I wouldn't go onto steeper or slippy ground with them. I wear a size 9 and they are quite bulky, but my wife, in size 6, rides, walks, gardens, mucks out in the zip version and is on her third pair.

Visit site
I have the lace up versions. They are very comfortable, due to the lining as much as anything else. I too find all Ariats very comfortable (I ride in Devon Pros). They are, for me, very warm, too warm to wear in the summer due to the waterproof lining. Be aware that the sole is not a 'hiking'sole in the sense of having deep treads, it is quite a smooth sole designed not to catch on the stirrup tread. Works ok on flattish ground, parks, canal tow paths but I wouldn't go onto steeper or slippy ground with them. I wear a size 9 and they are quite bulky, but my wife, in size 6, rides, walks, gardens, mucks out in the zip version and is on her third pair.
This is the only thing I was wary about with them. I noticed the sole looked quite smooth but I had hoped maybe they would be good enough to cover all bases. Not that I do serious hiking ? but I do like an easy mountain climb or cliff walk.
I completely agree with all replies though that ariat in general are worth the money! Thanks everyone for the replies

Skib

sites.google.com
I have lace up terrain (or previous model). We used to do long road trips through USA Nationak Parks and would trail ride so I too looked for dual purpose boots.
My view is that dual purpose boots have to have a smoother sole than light walking boots and so the Ariat ones obviously do not have as much grip as single purpose boots. But I wore mine up mountains and like them very much. I also wore them through a bit of snow even though in those days the boots were not waterproof.
I wore mine for a UK hike while breaking them in but dont use them for walking. But OH and I have a choice as we own mountain boots and light walking boots as well as our riding boots.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I love them and prefer laces. They are not a walking boot though and have no significant grip. I wore them on an Icelandic riding trek though and they were fine for the walking we did when we got off to go up a long hills but maybe not do good if you’re walking on a slippery surface.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I love them and prefer laces. They are not a walking boot though and have no significant grip. I wore them on an Icelandic riding trek though and they were fine for the walking we did when we got off to go up a long hills but maybe not do good if you’re walking on a slippery surface.

Agree with this. I love mine and they are endlessly comfortable and hard wearing, but the tread is not good for hiking in slippery ground. If you're walking on scree, wet rocks or slippery mud, you need more grip.

Quadro

Visit site
I really like mine and find the super comfy. Only thing is for some reason no matter how hard I try the laces seems to come undone all the time! I suppose I could easily put others in though.

Visit site
If you don't want to use them for riding, the skyline version are just for hiking? No idea if they have better grip than the Telluride but probably as comfortable ?
I actually saw these on the ariat site this morning and thought they looked like they had more grip. I think they could be what I’m looking for as I don’t plan to use them for riding. It would be ideal if a shop in Ireland had the whole ariat range to be able to try them on!!